Hi all...guess I'm the new girl...

-

SkiP!

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'll have more to add later, but for the moment I just wanted to introduce myself quickly before I go for the night...I'm Laura, I'm 20, and I'm from Cali. I drive a slant/6 225 '69 dart custom - 4 dr. greenish...(which I'll have pics of ASAP), although its nothing special...heh, and not running temporarily. I've had the car a year and no problems then all the sudden the balist resistor, timing chain, gears, gaskets, exhaust manifold, water pump, harmonic balancer and valve seats all broke within a week...ugh. But I'm devoted so it'll be on the road hopefully this week...feel free to give me advice, tips, etc. cuz im always lookin for a good deal. ok, have a good evening everyone!

Hi Skip, Welcome to the site...Were open 24/7:-D. Good to have you. There's a lot of good guys and gals here. Enjoy!!

pic4.JPG

Motor 3.JPG

Welcome Laura. There's quite a few of us in the Bay Area (and especially in the South Bay). That is quite the laundry list of parts to go bad within a short amount of time. Re: your timing problem. Did your mechanic replace all the items you posted? If he did, I am wondering why the timing gears are off and not lining up. Be careful not to throw money at it. You will get some excellent advice here. Then you can make some informed decisions. Again, welcome and good luck.

Welcome Laura. There's quite a few of us in the Bay Area (and especially in the South Bay). That is quite the laundry list of parts to go bad within a short amount of time. Re: your timing problem. Did your mechanic replace all the items you posted? If he did, I am wondering why the timing gears are off and not lining up. Be careful not to throw money at it. You will get some excellent advice here. Then you can make some informed decisions. Again, welcome and good luck.

Yes all those parts listed have been put in but the brand new timing chain is still off a tooth and will not line up no one can figure it out, what the hell is wrong with it...

I am sure he did but you may want to ask your mechanic if he lined up the marks on the the gears. Is he having trouble timing it properly or getting it started? Also, you may want to have him check the distributor drive gear for any issues.

Welcome Laura!! Hope you take the time to enjoy this great site.
Hope you get the /6 going soon and can get some picture's up for us.
We have some of the best tec's here that will help you out.
Have a good one SkiP

Yes all those parts listed have been put in but the brand new timing chain is still off a tooth and will not line up no one can figure it out, what the hell is wrong with it...

The old chain became so slack it may very well have jumped a tooth. Just reline up the dots and install the chain. To move the cam around a tad, take the pressure of the cam via the loosing of the rocker arms. Remove the spark plugs to turn crank quicker and with ease.

On the parts replacement. I have had a few cars like that. Once you iron out the bugs, you'll be fine. It is allways the case.

Welcome aboard

Welcome aboard Skip!
As you have noticed already, it didn't take long for someone to jump in and give advice and/or solutions. This is a great site for it, you can't beat the people on here.

where abouts in santa clara are you im down every weekend look for street races or car meets,im down in south san jose

-
Back