Hi All ,,,Newbie question

-

schalmat

Reaction score
Recently aquired a 6139sa thermoquad,re-built it and installed on my 78 powerwagon with a basically stock 360.cam is just a step above stock ( rv cam).Should the jets be richened up a little as i see the jets for 360 are a little richer,I was having some issues with a hesitation under easy acceleration leaving stop lights,it was like a dead spot soon as you hit the gas a little,cant have that, its not good to try and pull my boat out of the water up a ramp with it like that ,been through the accelerator pump and eliminated any of the floating of the seal,,all acc linkage is slack free,I bumped the timing up to about 16-17 degrees and it is all almost gone,,,im running 35 total but had to disconnect my vacuum advance until i can limit it down,,,full advance was at 54 and causing it to run rough at cruise,I have already degreed the balancer and its spot on,and put degree tape on it....thanks for any input.
Matt

Jetting up won't solve off idle stumble. Maybe a larger squirter size or more tweaking w/the accelerator pump.

Thanks for the reply Mark, This thing has been a challenge, better than the edelbrock i took off.Anyhow,,I guess a better question would be,should i jet this the same as a 360 carb and how far should i go with the squirters,or can i swap them from another carb?The stumble is about 90 % gone,gone as far as i can go with timing.

-
Back