hi all

-
cheers fella.
one lower ball joint arrived today, one to go. should be a busy weekend coming up. i'll clean and paint what comes off before reassembly of course. that all sounds abit too restoration for me but i like shiny.
Me to Neil Let us know how it goes back together.

today i fitted 3 of the new balljoints. both o/s and the upper n/s. i'm still waiting for the n/s lower to arrive so it's all apart ready to fit it. everything came apart nice and easy (even the top joints didn't need heat to come undone) so a pretty straightforward job.

today i fitted 3 of the new balljoints. both o/s and the upper n/s. i'm still waiting for the n/s lower to arrive so it's all apart ready to fit it. everything came apart nice and easy (even the top joints didn't need heat to come undone) so a pretty straightforward job.
That's good most of the time they are difficult. Hope you get the last one soon Neil.

i was relieved fred, i've had to weld a large socket on them in the past and then get the hot spanner (oxy/acetylene) on the wishbone to expand it enough to get the joint loose with a breaker bar. this one was a dream in comparison. i checked the tracker details and the last one should be with me by next wednesday at the latest (fingers crossed).

i was relieved fred, i've had to weld a large socket on them in the past and then get the hot spanner (oxy/acetylene) on the wishbone to expand it enough to get the joint loose with a breaker bar. this one was a dream in comparison. i checked the tracker details and the last one should be with me by next wednesday at the latest (fingers crossed).
Sounds good Neil she will be back on the road again.

yes mate, i've got at least one show to go to next month then it'll be off the road for the engine swap.
Get some pictures at the show and post them for us if you can, would like to see some car from over there.

a mate has a 67 he's used as his daily/work truck for about 10 years now. he's a landscape gardener and says despite the extra fuel he uses he wouldn't change it for a 'normal' diesel truck.
another has a 71 stepside that's his daily too.
trucks are very popular over here.

a mate has a 67 he's used as his daily/work truck for about 10 years now. he's a landscape gardener and says despite the extra fuel he uses he wouldn't change it for a 'normal' diesel truck.
another has a 71 stepside that's his daily too.
trucks are very popular over here.
Same here Neil I live in farm country and everyone has a 4x4 truck and they beat them up pretty bad.

plenty of farming here in the south east of england fred, my grandad and dad were both farmers until dad started his haulage company. i learnt to drive on a farm tractor when i was about 7.

plenty of farming here in the south east of england fred, my grandad and dad were both farmers until dad started his haulage company. i learnt to drive on a farm tractor when i was about 7.
I lived on the west coast in Washington state grew up on my Grand fathers fishing boat on the ocean.
I moved to farm country in 1999 Bought a farm and raised my 8 children and love it here.
Winters are very cold -40*C is not uncommon but very peaceful.

just noticed you're in north dakota fred. a freind of mine from the uk works the summers there (harvest season) truck driving. he also sources cars, trucks and parts to ship back here over the winter. he's saved me a lot on import duties and shipping over the last couple of years.

just noticed you're in north dakota fred. a freind of mine from the uk works the summers there (harvest season) truck driving. he also sources cars, trucks and parts to ship back here over the winter. he's saved me a lot on import duties and shipping over the last couple of years.
Do you know what area he is staying in? I live between Minot and Devils lake.
If he has nothing to do on his time off would have him over for dinner and a beer.

i've emailed him to ask mate. i'm sure he'd love it.
I'm sure he likes old cars also.
Iv'e had a few guys from the UK over that work the farms in the summer and so far turned out to be good friends.

Well if that's the kind of guy he is he is welcome at my house anytime.

hi fred,
i've spoken to john and he'd like to meet up. can you pm me details to send him? i'll pm you his mobile number if you'd rather call him yourself.
thanks for the hospitality, neil.

the last ball joint arrived to day
icon_biggrin.gif
i'll get it on tomorrow morning before it gets too hot in the garage
icon_wink.gif

all done and back on it's wheels. let the torsion bars back down a turn as advised it'll drive better when lower, we'll see.
Great Neil are you gonna take it in for an alignment next?

-
Back