HI! need info. on junked dodge cornet!

-

GermzD74

Cool Member
Reaction score
hey everybody! well its been quit some time since I post anything here and well many things have happened.

I now work at napa auto parts! and well I think im in a good position as a young newbie to get my restoration moving on!

well I found a 74 cornet with a 360 and well I need to know if it'll go well on my 74 dart...and aslo how can I know what rear end it has? I want a 8 3/4 but not sure what it has...any way to tell? will it go on good on an A body dart?

thanks everyone if ya help!

The 360 can be bolted in to your 1974 Dart. Depending on which engine you are replacing, 6cyld, 318, etc., you may need different mounts, exhaust, and some other specific engine related parts. If you intend to keep the 360 at or below 400hp, and will use car mostly for street, then consider an 8 1/4 rear also. It will save you money. Check link below for pics of different Mopar rears. Mike

http://www.ringpinion.com/DiffList....Plymouth&ModelID=216&ModelName=Dart&Side=Rear

Awsome! thank you both. Thanks valiant! that was a great informative site! props.

if I go buy these parts...the engine and the rear end...what exactly on both the engine and the rear end should I make sure to buy? for ex...should I just buy the block and get new heads? and so on...

alzo...if the rear end axles are longer on a cornet...they can be cut to fit my dart right?

The axle will not be a bolt in, unless I am sorely mistaken. Check the links that the other guys posted. That doesnt mean it cant be installed, you will need to move the spring perches and maintain the correct u joint angle while doing so. Nothing a competent welder cant fix along with some new axle saddles. Good luck with it ! The 74 360 should be a good motor to get whatever you end up doing. You may want to grab the trans thats with it too!

Have fun !

-
Back