Hi, new to this site but not A-bodies

-

MadScientistMat

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm active on a couple Mopar sites and some others, but for those who don't know me, I have a '66 Dart that I got as my first car (in 1996). It has a slant six that I've turbocharged and Megasquirted. Right now I'm in the process of getting a Garrett GT40 turbo on there as the Mitsubishi turbo that was on there originally just didn't cut it. I'd heard about this site and thought I'd check it out.

Welcome Aboard! I found 98% of the people on here are GREAT!

welcome. Pictures and/or video say a MILLION words.

I plan on turbocharging my 70' Swinger 318.

Post up some pics!

Welcome aboard Matt. I know how you feel about hanging onto your 66. I got mine as partial payment for a paint job I'd done for a kid in 1977, never planning to do more than sell it to recoup my money. Well, I still have the old girl, and now she's on the rotisserie for a complete overhaul. It seems like they just grow on you. :)

Thanks for the welcome, everyone! Here's some pictures.

driveway0001.jpg

MattsDart2.jpg

underhood.jpg

Hey Mad. How do. I remember you. Can I get a close up shot of that intake system?

The manifold or the piping? Right now both are being revised a bit as we're going to turn the elbow around 180 degrees. But here's the original version:

manifold-reg.jpg

Ford modular motor throttle body and Supra injectors on a Clifford intake manifold. Built by Nunley Machine in Covington, Georgia.

SA-WEET.

Thats an interesting intake. Looks alot like a japanese import FI setup...:-k only mopar/ford/toyota stuff.

Good stuff, BTW what does a setup like that trap in the 1/4?

SA-WEET.

Thats an interesting intake. Looks alot like a japanese import FI setup...:-k only mopar/ford/toyota stuff.

Now that we've got a decent welding rig at work, I've been thinking for the next go-round I might try making one that looks like a BMW intake. :) I've been grabbing parts everywhere - there's some GM parts in the ignition, the fuel filter is meant for gas pump applications, and I also used to have a few Mitsubishi parts in there.

Good stuff, BTW what does a setup like that trap in the 1/4?

I plan to find out sometime this April. Along with putting it on a chassis dyno.

Sa-Sweeeeeeeet is right. Very very nice.

Just a new guy posting for the first time
I have a collection of 67-8-9 Cudas
Some rare some not
Ken

Indiana

Just a new guy posting for the first time
I have a collection of 67-8-9 Cudas
Some rare some not
Ken

Indiana

Well Ken, welcome, but start a "New Thread" and intro yourself. Every new guy and girl should have there own. Then, post pictures of what ya got. Many, will want to see them.

NICE Looking "Emissions Air Pump !! BOOST IS BEST
This is a neat set-up from work:
TwinTurbo.jpg

I have a 84 Kawasaki turbo 750 (factory bike) that my son modified with a intercooler and blow-off valve from a Mazda Millinia S.
15#s of boost has a tendency to blow the back tire away at 90.

P8158087.jpg

Oooh, compound turbo goodness.

I'd probably scare myself silly on a turbo bike, though. It'll be years before I trust myself to control something with that much power on two wheels.

-
Back