Hi-po Exhaust manifolds

-

1970Duster

Reaction score
Just a thought/question have any of you ever tried to improve the flow of the hi-po manifolds? I mean like grind away all the bumps inside of it (as far as possible anyway) and smooth it all out? I know it won't match the flow of headers but it would improve it right.

It would improve it cause all the "bumps" cause restriction cause air cant flow straight through
I think it would be like doin it to an intake manifold

I was thinking it would improve it a bit. You can port your heads which is good but to do it the intake and exhaust, you're only doing part of the system (although the heads would be the biggest part of it).

Just a thought/question have any of you ever tried to improve the flow of the hi-po manifolds? I mean like grind away all the bumps inside of it (as far as possible anyway) and smooth it all out? I know it won't match the flow of headers but it would improve it right.

Several years ago I sent my 69' RoadRunner 383 exhaust manifolds out to extrude hone and it definatley improved the flow. They basically mix media with clay and force it through under pressure.
compare.jpg

-
Back