Hi!

-

Pyro4117

Jay
Reaction score
Hello, new member here.

I recently bought a 1968 Barracuda Fastback in need of serious help, haven't found much time to do anything to it yet.

In a previous incarnation (pre-marriage, 30+ years ago), my first new car purchase was a 1974 Challenger, 360, 4bbl, 4 speed pistol grip, rallye pack, sure-grip...it went bye-bye not too long after the marriage, still have the same wife, though!

Kids are finishing up college, so this is my second childhood, I guess...

I'm sure many questions will come up as I start taking it apart.

Jay

[edit] Oh, and to explain the screen name and avatar, I moonlight as a professional pyrotechnician, the screen name is my Washington license # and the avatar is the DOT Hazmat placard for display pyrotechnics :toothy5: [/edit]

Welcome, and what kind of info are you looking for? I also have a 68 and will be elbow deep in it for quite a while!

Welcome to the site. Have fun with your project.

DSCF0016.jpg

70 Duster (Small).JPG

Man you have one of my favorite A Bodies(71-72 Demons,68-69 fastback Barracudas are my favorites) Hope you have fun restoring it it will be well worth it when its done.

ta3834bbl said:
Welcome, and what kind of info are you looking for? I also have a 68 and will be elbow deep in it for quite a while!

Nothing specific yet. I had the Challenger, later two different Dodge vans with the 318 and took care of a friend's Power Wagon, also with the 318 while he was overseas in the Army and made some modifications for him, so I'm relatively familiar with Mopars.

I need to do the front disk/rear axle swap for the larger bolt circle and disk brakes, the 904 tranny is toast, I think the 318 isn't in too bad of shape, the body is fairly straight, but has the wheel well lip rust and the interiors pretty trashed.

I'm still thinking through what direction I want to go with it, so once I figure that out, I'll know better what questions I need answered.

Thanks,

Jay

Cool. We have our own resident explosives expert now. :violent2:

Welcome aboard!!

I was just looking through some old threads and just now noticed the mustang looking louvers on the c-pillar of your car. Looks kind of cool, breaks up the large c-pillar. Any info on them?

ta3834bbl said:
I was just looking through some old threads and just now noticed the mustang looking louvers on the c-pillar of your car. Looks kind of cool, breaks up the large c-pillar. Any info on them?

Not really. One of the questions I was going to ask as I started work was if anyone knew if they were a factory piece. It has an add-on sunroof which is going to go bye-bye. I do kind of like the louvers though.

Jay

-
Back