HID Conversion on my 73 Duster

-

fadingfastsd

Reaction score
Put an Electrosport HID conversion for the 7" beams on my 73 Duster.
I don't want to post too much about it to seem like advertising (since I work for Electrosport), but I want to show it off!

New lights!
dsc_0629.jpg

Comparison shot:
dsc_0619.jpg

If I get the ok to advertise on here, I'll post up tons more about it.
But this is just from my personal account to show off my upgrades to the car!

Sweet! I want info!! I am just about to start wiring my car, and this would be a bad *** upgrade.

Well, I think you should adsvertise. I know theres a few places that do this, but since your a member and have been around a bit without so much as a singleissue or by from my company only like posts, I think it OK to do.

Why don't you help us all out with instructions and a parts list of various cars, like in example the smaller 4 head light systems.
If you can compete price wise with other places out there, your going to get alot of requests for this.

Future vendor status?

Hey thanks rumblefish360.
I PM'ed JoeyCHGO like it said to in the sticky note in this board about advertising.
He didn't get back to me yet, and I wanted to show off the new lights!

We can definitely compete, and at the moment have the 7" light kit ready to go.

Can I talk with you more about this?

I made another username on here (esport_evan) that I'd like to use for stuff related to Electrosport products.
'fadingfastsd' is my personal name I've been using on here for the last 6 months or so.

He'll be by sooner or later. He makes his rounds.

Got a couple questions. First, was the reflector an off the shelf design, or is was it designed from ground up for a HID bulb? Also, do you have any photometric test results for them?

I've sometimes thought about putting a few high tech touches on my Dart, but there's a lot of poorly done designs (on one forum, a bunch of Moostang owners were complaining of a company's HID conversion causing them to lose their high beams!) out there. I'd be interested in seeing one done right.

Hey sorry I guys.
I didn't get any reply notice emails to this thread, so I just happened to check on it again.

MadMatt:
The reflector is a standard 7" housing.
I don't have any photometric testing results for these lights.

I will take some night pictures showing both high & low beams.
The lights are excellent quality, and very reliable!

These work excellent, both high & low beam. We have a lot of local off-road & desert race teams that use the same bulbs, ballast & igniters in their racing trucks!

Intergalactica:
The headlamp is glass.

Cudaman:
The HID kits will draw considerably less current than halogens.
The HID's harness connects directly to the battery to power the ballasts, no need for inline relays.

Hey Judge, definitely keep it in mind!

I'm talking with Joey right now, we're going to be advertising on here very soon.

I think you guys would really like these HID conversion kits, they are very easy to install and a HUGE lighting upgrade.

Very interesting. I hope the kit is easy to install. I can rebuild an engine or transmission, but when it comes to electricity I turn into an idiot. I am sure there are others out there like me.

I guarantee you can install it, in about an hour.
The hardest part is figuring out where to mount your Ballast & Igniter boxes.

There is no complicated wiring, almost all plug & play.

When my Dart was on the road,I installed a set of Bosch Halogens and they made a huge difference.Seemed to work fine with my stock wiring system.

How do these lights compare to the bosch?

I'd really like to see a HID kit maker go the extra mile and invest in some photometric testing to demonstrate just how much more light their bulbs put out and quantify their improvement. The way the HID industry is now, it's almost like a bunch of crate engine builders advertising their exhaust note without including any dyno numbers.

-
Back