HID conversion...

-

Sublime69

Reaction score
Hey guys i really want to do an HID conversion on my 69 dart.. Im just wondering if anyone else has done it?

Thanks

the real question is can it be done?
is there a kit?

i run halogens.. but to each his own!

Have you taken a look at ebay. If you search dart headlights you'll find what they say is a conversion, 2 headlight housings and 2 Xenon bulbs.

get some conversion projector h4 lights and buy ballasts and the hid box and then you got to split the headlight take out the projector and pop the ballasts in and the lights and then put back the projector and seal the lights back up and then hook it up its more exspensve then it is hard thats what i want to do to my cuda

Do you want HID to see better or to make your car look like some sort of poseur ricer at night? If you want to improve your night vision, get some decent H4 lamps, put 80/100 watt bulbs in them and MOST IMPORTANTLY feed them directly off the back of the alternator through relays.

If you want to learn more about good headlights check here: www.danielsternlighting.com

Basically you have to convert from the H6024 sealed headlight to a H4/9003 headlight. You can find those on eBay for about $30 shipped and there are many different styles to choose from. Then you can get an H4 HID kit. You can get either the standard one that just has low beams or they make a Bi-Xenon HID kit.

http://plasmagarage.com/H4_Bi-Xenon_DualBeam_HID.html

With this kit the bulb actually moves for the "Hi Beams".
I even found cheaper kits for about $200 shipped on eBay.

HID's are nice because you wont have to use relays because they are only 35W.

...oh and C130 Chief, I really wanna be ricer! (Stupid questions receive stupid answers)

wow, cool site.. i wanna rice it up too now!

and i liked my new h4's over my sealed.. dang.. what have i been missing out on!

im all over that.. let me know where you get it from and cost please!
theres a 70% chance ill do it too!!!

Cerwin said:
wow, cool site.. i wanna rice it up too now!

and i liked my new h4's over my sealed.. dang.. what have i been missing out on!

im all over that.. let me know where you get it from and cost please!
theres a 70% chance ill do it too!!!

will do.. hey where did you get your H4's from and what style are they?

oh man.. umm i got them thru work.. (napa)

and it cost ruffly 80 cash and took ten mins to install..

ill look for the reciept

i bought them from automax.. or autoplus it says here on the reciept

NPN 70472
Light
LIST- $147.85
Cost- $73.91

came to 84.25

came with the lenses and some bulbs and they rubber gromets for the back..

i bought some true view h4s instead of the bulbs they had and installed them in ten minutes flat!

im sure you can get them cheaper from else wheres but i got them thru someone i knew and had them in my hand 30mins after ordering them.. so its the route i took!

Cerwin said:
oh man.. umm i got them thru work.. (napa)

and it cost ruffly 80 cash and took ten mins to install..

ill look for the reciept

there just 7" round housings with a replasible H4 bulb?
did your stock wiring just plug in? also did you run relays?

Sublime69 said:
there just 7" round housings with a replasible H4 bulb?
did your stock wiring just plug in? also did you run relays?

no the kit you can buy is no longer made.. it came iwht the relays.. i SHOULD install relays as it produces a brighter beam, but im a lazy kinda guy!

its probably a better way to go too to not over load things.. mind you i have already removed my amp gauge and did the proper bypass.
via help from...http://www.madelectrical.com/electricaltech/amp-gauges.shtml

here ya go!
hope you can see the difference

heres what the H4 looks like compared to the sealed!

H4----------------------------------------Sealed
Pass--------------------------------------Driver
H418.gif

wow thats a big differance.. go to that web site i posted and click on " INSTALLATION TUTORIAL", go down and there is a video on what the hi/low beams look like.. there bad ***!

wow that guy needed to clean up that positive battery terminal before he blows stuff up!

not bad not bad..

keep me posted on what you find and cost and stuff!

heres a picture from maybe 15-20 feet away

H418-1.gif

-
Back