hids in mopars ??

-

Tawny Demon

Reaction score
has anybody put hids into there classic mopar i would like to see some pictures if anyone can, because i am thinking of putting a set of 55 watt 5000k h4 s into my demon because there super brite and they are white with a hint of yellow to keep the old school look what do you all think. also i know a lot of people dont like them but after a close encounter with a deer in the car im taking no chances

yes i do and i love them. every time this subject comes up im told im an idiot and my lights arent safe or meet certian safety standard criteria of which i dont give a damn. where i live i wouldnt have it any other way. i have things running out in front of me all the time and i would rather have a chance to see them and avoid them than worry about whether or not they meet any standards.

Attachments

• hid.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 560
  • d414.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 602
Here's mine with blue hid.

Love em and I live in the country where it's DARK at night and lots of deer like to terrorize the roads.

Good safety upgrade.

Just wire them through relays that you can get at any auto parts store.
You can still use the old light switch and wiring to control the relays.

Attachments

• 100_2021.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 570
  • 100_2061.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 551
I'm running them also. I have to recommend a wiring upgrade so the lights run on a relay. This takes the higher current load off the stock headlight switch.

A new headlight switch is only 13 bucks and available at most part stores but...
you wouldn't want to suddenly go from great lights to no lights.

I picked these up a couple years back. At a major swap meet here in Wisconsin. H-3 or 4 cant remember witch. Were only $35.00 for the set.

Attachments

• -small.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 531
yea my current set up is like momoparmans glass beams but i am running hellas 200 watt low &300 watt highs that are ment for off road and a i wired in the relays already per the painless kit

None of the lamps shown so far in this thread are HIDs. They're cheap-junk headlite-shaped toys equipped with blue-glass halogen bulbs. They aren't adequate for 25mph neighborhood streets, let alone normal city or highway road speeds. Even if any of them had actual HID burners in them, they'd still be dangerous. Before you decide how to go forward see this post. Although they are widely available, "HID kits" in halogen-bulb headlamps (any kit, any headlamp, any vehicle) do not work safely or effectively, which is why they are illegal. See detailed explanation here.

Previous discussions about lighting upgrades for A-bodies on this board are here, here, and here.

Also see articles on Allpar here and here -- the photos of the headlight beams on the road in both articles are very poor, but the text is very descriptive and accurate.

(And no, Tawny Demon, there are no 200w or 300w bulbs, made by Hella or anyone else, that fit in lamps that fit on cars.)

I have hid's in my sti, chevy truck, dad's jeep/07 mustang, gf's volvo, amx, street bike etc and have had zero issues. I live in the country and it lights the road up. I have had those cheapo housings in my amx with $33 dollar 6000k hid kit for years with zero issues. Probably put in over 10 sets for customers with out and problems or the cops bothering anyone here in new york.

not mopar pic but..
amxhid.jpg

amxhid2.jpg

sorry my bad that is the equivilent to the hids in my s10 wrong vehical the hellas i have are 100/80W amd i know the reasons why you dont put them in those housing i negleted to say those hids would be sheided as not to blind anyone

also i would be ordering the retro fit kit through work (ford dealership) because we get piaa kits from them for dealer add ons to new and used cars

None of the lamps shown so far in this thread are HIDs. They're cheap-junk headlite-shaped toys equipped with blue-
..............on the road in both articles are very poor, but the text is very descriptive and accurate.

(And no, Tawny Demon, there are no 200w or 300w bulbs, made by Hella or anyone else, that fit in lamps that fit on cars.)

Dan what head lamp buibs do you pesonaly run, and can we p[urchase from you.

Thanks Keith

Watch this

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p9gQvzOLog"]Why you don't install HID in to your car - YouTube[/ame]

they are not blue thats an 6000 to 8000 k kit mine are 5000k which are white very white very white and thats why i am running shilds to prevent blinding

55 watt 12k - black housings

heres the housings without the lights on . also my civic hatch. dont hate haha
224866_2265669257241_2021870531_n.jpg

the hids are awesome and look great. theyre aimed right so the dont blind other drivers and light the road up better than any halogen would. they do suck in the rain, but my duster doesnt see rain unless im caught in it

i have just did mod to get rid of sealed beams.

I Got good (pricey 100€) h4 7'' lenses and good h4 lamp, not some blue looking weirdos.
Did same time relays and removed bulkhead connectors...

And headlights are really really good, not some fake blue crap.

I had some tuning blue lights on my Volvos low beams and those were crap, i changed to orginal and vision was much better.

And here we dont have deers that dent your car when you hit, we have MOOSE and if you hit one of those at 60mph its good change die...

Blue light is bad anyway on dark think why submarines emergy lights are red and why streetlights are orange.

Human eye works better on night with red/orange light, think nature on dawn and dusk light is red/orange

regardless of the color spectrum of hid's, any hid bulb will light up a street better than a halogen in a comparable housing. i have friends with pink, green, blue, and white hid's. i have never noticed a difference in the illumination quality between the different colors. they all seem to reflect light like a normal headlight would off the surface of the road and the surroundings- just brighter. not to mention how well they light up street signs and the reflective stripes on police cruisers. which can come in handy more often than not haha

the problem is you dont want to "light up the street". your headlights should only be lighting up the road surface in front of your vehicle. if you are lighting up the street you are temporarily blinding oncoming traffic.

if you watch the video above it gives a great explanation.

None of the lamps shown so far in this thread are HIDs. They're cheap-junk headlite-shaped toys equipped with blue-glass halogen bulbs. They aren't adequate for 25mph neighborhood streets, let alone normal city or highway road speeds. Even if any of them had actual HID burners in them, they'd still be dangerous. Before you decide how to go forward see this post. Although they are widely available, "HID kits" in halogen-bulb headlamps (any kit, any headlamp, any vehicle) do not work safely or effectively, which is why they are illegal. See detailed explanation here.

Previous discussions about lighting upgrades for A-bodies on this board are here, here, and here.

Also see articles on Allpar here and here -- the photos of the headlight beams on the road in both articles are very poor, but the text is very descriptive and accurate.

Whatever,

Mine are glass lenses on the housings and are well constructed no plastic crap here. Yes the lamps are Quartz but are still way better than stock lights. HID is sometimes confused with Quartz but the object is the same. Better lighting than stock. Also, the lamps did not come with the housings and are Sylvania so no junk there either. They shine white not blue even though the lamps have a blue tint.

After 4 years of use they still shine on like a crazy diamond.

Your comments are rough and you come off like a db. Input is great but your condescending attitude sucks...consider what you say before you post it so you don't piss people off.

No offense meant by this Dan, but I just couldn't help myself.
We don't hear from you for months, and when the HID lights came up,,,,:D

Attachments

• troll1.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 405
-
Back