High Carbon Monoxide Level

-
:eek:ops: Was not thinking ,1975 should have a Catalytic Converter ...You either do not have one or yours is bad !!!

Good point. I don't think the few 360 cars built had cats in 75', but /6 & 318 cars may have had them?

This car never had a cat, as all documentation indicates. It's a made for Canada car, and nobody has ever buggered around with it.
Unless I find something else, I'll reset the mixture, up the idle speed, check timing, get it good & hot(thought it was last time), then retest.

This car never had a cat, as all documentation indicates. It's a made for Canada car, and nobody has ever buggered around with it.
Unless I find something else, I'll reset the mixture, up the idle speed, check timing, get it good & hot(thought it was last time), then retest.
It just that a cat would reduce the CO.It may not of came with one...just thinking out loud...Good luck on the retest !!!

Good news! I retarded the timing a bit , adjusted the mixture using a vacuum gauge, put the idle at 900 rpm, put in a new PVC valve, & removed the air filter for the test. It passed(just barely on CO at idle). Luckily, only one test next year, then no more emissions testing.

-
Back