Higher stall vs Daily Driving

-

finnman1

Reaction score
Thinking about buying a 70duster 440/727/8 3/4 4.30 gear....... stalls around 3k. What are some considerations for street use w/ the 3k stall? I don't want to burn it up...also i read somewhere the recommended stall spd vs highway use burning it up. can anyone elaborate and point out some issues other than buying lots of rear tires?

finnman1 said:
Thinking about buying a 70duster 440/727/8 3/4 4.30 gear....... stalls around 3k. What are some considerations for street use w/ the 3k stall? I don't want to burn it up...also i read somewhere the recommended stall spd vs highway use burning it up. can anyone elaborate and point out some issues other than buying lots of rear tires?

Its a myth - unless you poke around at 35mph all day long in high gear - and you thread seems to indicate that might be in low gear for a split second !!

With 28" tires and 4.30 gears you will be reving ±3300 @ 60mph
A tranny cooler is a good investment.

Can't burn it up if you keep the heat in check. Like 388dart says use a good cooler.

Chuck

Don't think you will have any problem. I have a 3000 stall
in my Duster. I run 3.23 gears for the street. I have not
overheated it at all. You just get the rpm's up a little
more for those burn outs. It also helps me launch better at
the strip.

anybody know where a decent cheap one can be found?

It doesnt have a cooler already? Might want to check into things ...... I wouldnt worry at all if there is one on it.

The stock radiator heat exchanger is not enough you need an external cooler also.

Chuck

I ran a 3500 footbrake/3900rpm flash dynamic 9 1/2" with a big cooler in front of the radiator in 110+ degree summers. If you get a quality converter and your cooling system is up to par. It won't be a problem...

-
Back