Hit and run...drunk driver

-

340john

Reaction score
Picture the scene...my wife and I, fast asleep, 2 AM. SCREECH, BAM, CRASH !!! "WHAT THE HELL" she yells, we look out the window to find my truck and her Honda on our front lawn and a little silver car driving away. I figure he cant get far, so I call the cops, they follow the trail of antifreeze and oil...and it leads right to his driveway. His insurance will fix our cars, but this just sucks. $6,000 damage on the Honda, $5,000 on the Dakota...he was driving a Kia...I kid you not.

100_1731.jpg

100_1730.jpg

100_1733.jpg

100_1729.jpg

100_1727.jpg

100_1726.jpg

100_1772.jpg

WOW! That sucks. Sorry to here that. At least they got the guy and your cars will be fixed and hopfuly he will be keep of the streets so he does not kill some one.

Man thats messed up. I tell me stepkids the dangers of being out at night driving home from somewhere at that time. They don't listen. Glad to here at least he had insurance and hopefully a stay at the grey bar motel.

Dude that sucks !:angry7:
At least all that can be fixed and no one was hurt.
Lets hope he'll learn from this, for everyone's sake .

I hope they bust his a$$ and put him in jail for a while---I know he will stand trial for sure! Lets hope that some justice will be done. Grrrrr!!!!!!!

Sorry to hear about this John. Even though it will be repaired, it is still a PITA and of course, will take time away from you two that will not be reimbursed.

The grey bar motel :toothy10:LMAO homecloned never herd that one.
He sure did allot of damage John, I am glad they caught this guy and got him off the streets:cheers:, I would like to see the Kia:toothy10:, I bet its totaled and if it had air bags he had his face blasted good.
Glad everyone is ok and you did not have a family pet out there resting:happy10:

Tough way to wake up. His insurance gonna rent you a couple while yours are fixed? Good Luck.

Puke otta be hanged for leaving
I bet they don't waist a rope on this POS. and should not have a drivers license for at least three years for leaving, I bet he got a dui to.
Yep!! Peddle power walking for him for now on.....

Picture the scene.... It's October 5th 1968. My father was 18 and riding as a passenger in a vehicle that was struck by a 3 time ticketed drunk driver.... Flash forward to October 8th 1968... I am born the same day as my fathers funeral.

True story.

Picture the scene.... It's October 5th 1968. My father was 18 and riding as a passenger in a vehicle that was struck by a 3 time ticketed drunk driver.... Flash forward to October 8th 1968... I am born the same day as my fathers funeral.

True story.

Way too young! Just way too young! Interesting though: We share a birthday.

How on earth was there 6K in dammage to that Honda?

Glad to hear no one was hurt...at least no one of importance that is ;) I'm just glad there were no fine classic Mopars for him to destroy :angry7:

j

How on earth was there 6K in dammage to that Honda?

Glad to hear no one was hurt...at least no one of importance that is ;) I'm just glad there were no fine classic Mopars for him to destroy :angry7:

j

When it was thrown up over the curb, the frame and front end was wiped out. The control arms, knuckles, tie rods, struts, rack, wheels and tires need to be replaced. The engine and trans are pushed over so far that the axle popped out. Add that with the new rocker, 1/4, door skins and there you go.

340john,

I went through the same thing last November. My 4Runner was totaled as I slept. I woke up, got ready for work, walked outside and there was my truck on the front lawn. It's truly a sh!tty feeling.

68formula,

My condolences. What a horrible thing to happen.

Wow does that ever suck, not just one but both of what is no doubt your daily drivers, what a pain. They should fry the bastard for this :angry7:

I'd hit the insurance company for a new car, they'll probally try to total your truck and car and screw ya! I'd get a lawyer thats good in insurance and make sure they make everything right, thier client was 100% at fault. btw your a calmer person than me I'd have tracked him down and well ran him over LOL

man this is like deja vu! 'cept it wasn't a kia, it was another dodge! the guy was flyin high and ran right through a power pole, shattering it, ripped the driver's side off the bed, and pushed it a few feet onto the sidewalk, into a tree, and nudged a chevy farther up. the 5th or sixth accident in my area involing a rig and a pole.lucky P.O.S. wasn't even scratched, even tried to get away in reverse! . pics are bad, but you get the idea...

IMG00059.jpg

IMG00058.jpg

That really sucks!Vehicles can be fixed,but will never be the same.They should almost be rightoffs?This person should definetly spend some time in the hooscow,to learn a valuable lesson!Thank god you and your wife weren,t in either vehicle.

If there is a bright spot for you, it's that at least he had insurance. It really sucks when this happens and there is no one's insurance to fall back on except your own, IF you have collision.............We all have our insurance horror stories.........Good luck!!!!!
daryl

-
Back