hit another f---ing deer

-

siegenthaler.16

Reaction score
driving home from work today i hit a pretty big doe in my 95 dakota the deer made my grill disapear and put a hole in my radiator drove it to the patrool post about a half mile away didnt get too hot then since i couldent find a ride i got to ride in the back of a highway patrool car

will post pictures of the damage

this is my fourth deer that i have hit i gess if more people drove like me their wouldent be an overpopulation of deer

Sorry to say you made me laff at that driving jab. Glad your ok though.

Have you ever tried those deer whistles?

I never knew for sure if they worked, but for all the years I lived in New York, family only had one deer incident.

It was the deers fault though. The buck broke out of a hedge row and slammed into the side of our car while we were at a redlight.

had a couple of buddies help me getting my truck home those peices of crap fords First they get to my house and then we get going and at the second stopsign the ford stalls and wont start battery problems we couldent get it to start so we called another freind and used his ford truck to pull the ford truck and trailer so we get the trucks to the buddies house and put the trailer on the ford that runs (but not very well) the thing leaks coolent out of the heater core and has lots of other minor problems also this truck looks like it was beaten like a redheaded stepchild so we got my truck loaded and with the accellerator an inch from the floor it accellerated like a seriously slow old person we eventually made it home and now it is beer time

my truck has those deer whistles on it already dont think they helped too much today

Copy of DSC00003.JPG

Not to bad on damage. I have seen some real crunchers. You faired preety good. Costly, but good.

The deer whistles, they are crap, but if you like a will sell you a decal that is gaurenteed to make the deer stay away from your vehicle and I will only charge you 5.99 plus shipping and handling.
Not to knock your driving or to give you any grief when you already have enough from the fact your truck is smucked, but maybe you should consider slowing down and looking ahead and to the sides of the road ahead a little more carefully. I have a million plus driving miles expierence and I have NEVER hit a deer, came close a few times but because I was being attentive to what was going on both ahead and to the sides I was able to avoid collisions with them. Living up in the ND, Mn area there are MANY deer around so we always have to pay close attention.
Funny story though, a bud of mine and his wife were traveling "his wife driving" when his wife says "Hey look at the pretty deer" of course not being alert and attentive she failed to take into account the fact that she had seen a deer and failed to adjust her speed to a safer level and be looking out for MORE deer, not 10 seconds after saying "Look at the pretty deer" she pasted one.
Moral, if you see one deer there are MOST likely a bunch more waiting to jump in front of you. Also one other note regarding deer, they like to run along roads in the ditches and pop out as they cross intersections, this is mostly in the rural farm areas of course but an interesting behavioural note that you should all think about when driving in such areas.
Any way, good luck getting your truck fixed, ooh and BTW, the sticker I was refering to would be a "Hunters sticker" any kind will do, LOL.

-
Back