Hiya :)

-

eroomas2

Reaction score
Hello Everyone :)

My husband and I recently acquired a 1959 Plymouth Fury four door hard top 318 engine (trying to remember all the "important things" to describe the car) ;)

We're loving it and we enjoy talking to others ... especially since we're new to the whole antique car thing.

In case you haven't already guessed, my husband's the gear-head ... I just try to keep up ;)

Nice to meet everyone!!

~C

Love the big fin cars! We've had several 59 Furys show up at Chryslers In The Canyon over the years, even a convertible.

Very nice looking Fury you got there, tell us more about it or history of it.

That's a beautiful car, I like the Satellite up on the lift too.

I'd definitely be changing the master cylinder over from a single to a dual pretty quick, especially in a car that big.

Thanks everyone :) We don't know a lot about it (in fact, if anyone has a way of finding out who the original owner of the car is ... that would rock). It seems looking at the paperwork that came with the car, it was purchased in 1973 by a man living in Arizona. In the estate sale, a mechanic living around Green Bay, Wisconsin purchased it a couple years ago (we think) and we bought it from him.

We know from the VIN that it was made in Evansville, IN. We're also trying to find a picture of the plant where it was built ... google is failing me (or I'm not searching right) ... just because it'd be kinda cool.

That's really all we know about it ... it's a survivor ... all original paint, etc. Rebuilt engine, new brake system installed just prior to our purchase, new gas tank, and probably some other mechanical stuff that I don't remember lol ...

-
Back