Hockey Fight: DET vs COL

-
That brings a tear (of joy) to my eye. Was at the first fight game. Everybody was waiting for McCarty to kick Claude Lemieux's *** for his cheap hit a year earlier. the wings are also the team that pulverized Roy with 9 goals in his last game for Motreal. A good goalie, but a total asshole as a person. So's his kid.

nice!! those were better than most of the fights you see now with guys that fight alot.

GTX, YOU MISSED THE BOAT BADLY!!
The best tough guy EVER is also getting honoured tonight. Wendel Clark!! No one gave as much of their body to a team as Wendel did. Look up a few of His clips, and also check out his wrist shot. He put more than one goalie on their keyster with that wrister. We still love you Wendel, and GO LEAFS GO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWpHTgtA00k

people will debate that statement MTNemoeMopar...I'm partial to Tiger Williams and Dave Shultz.

can't argue he can fight...two things...like to jump, when he hit you...like to take ya down, quickly and plumet ya...

as an enforcer...I want a nut job...

besides...your a little bit bias...Ha!

aloha...now maybe some of ya will understand my screen name...

DeFeNSMaN34

Moi? bias? LOL my wife thinks it's love. Don't forget, Wendel wasn't an enforcer, He was a #1 draft pick, who could score, and make plays.....and run right through you. I watched Him hit Al Secord one night at mid-ice(and Al was a big man)and Al dropped like a sack of prairie wheat.If I did that, my back would have snapped in two.
Maybe I'm a little bias....my tribute...

images.jpg

That brings a tear (of joy) to my eye. Was at the first fight game. Everybody was waiting for McCarty to kick Claude Lemieux's *** for his cheap hit a year earlier. the wings are also the team that pulverized Roy with 9 goals in his last game for Motreal. A good goalie, but a total asshole as a person. So's his kid.

I remember watching that game on TV. Of course being born and raised in Denver I was waiting for Lemieux to do the same thing to McCarty as he did to Draper. Good Times. Still on of the greatest rivalries in all of sports.

Then watch this one !!More Wendel http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7XgYSoK1go

Shultz was pure goon. Tiger was a nut job. Wendel did it all, even with an injured back.

Im not a big hockey fan but DAMN!!!!! The sign at the end just about says it all "Wendel is god" It would be kinda cool to see a close up pic of what his knuckels looked like after a fight.

hey the game is on NHL Network. Hawks and Leafs...not trying to steal the thread...plenty of Clark fans....

funny...stuff...I'm a huge Hawks fan too...they've sucked for so long though...

GO HAWKS!

images.jpg

I grew up in TO but the best fights were always philly-boston in the late sixties early seventies { you know Bobby Orr was a heck of a scrapper to eh
] when Bobby Clark dropped the gloves before the opening Face-off that was a fight and you knew you were gonna see a game that night

I just watched a show last night that argued how violent the US is compared to our Canadian neighbors. Now I know why. You guys get it all out of your systems by watching the fights, I mean hockey games.

the Wendel Clark video shows him throwing more puches when the guys are on the ice than when they were standing and had a chance of defending themselves.

no class

GTX, YOU MISSED THE BOAT BADLY!!
The best tough guy EVER is also getting honoured tonight. Wendel Clark!! No one gave as much of their body to a team as Wendel did. Look up a few of His clips, and also check out his wrist shot. He put more than one goalie on their keyster with that wrister. We still love you Wendel, and GO LEAFS GO

I am finally getting back to this thread and with all due respect Mt Nemo, I do not believe I missed the boat all all. I brought up the fact that Roy was not only a winning goalie who has won some of hockey's most prestigous awards/titles but was also noting his willingness to jump into a frukus(sp?) (which not many goalies do/did without hesitation). This was not a hockey thread about the best tough guy EVER. If this was the case, I don't think my first choice would have been a goalie. I was giving Roy his due for many years of excellent goaltending and for his heartful (sometimes tempermental) playing style.

Understood...but around here, we all think he is just another jerk.(no one ever said that sports fans were reasonable...eh?)

I grew up in Chicago and was always a Hawks fan. Then I moved to Denver and remember seeing that fight at the bar. It was incredible.

In Chi town we had a saying......"I saw a fight last night and a hockey game broke out" lol.

-
Back