Hole in my dash

-

RPM

Superior Member
Reaction score
Ok so I have had my Duster for a loooong time and back in high school I had to have a stereo jammed in the dash. So out came the hack saws and the dash got whacked for a DIN mount radio. So I dont want a radio now. (The only sound I want is the dual exhaust tune). So this next spring I am going to finish my car by redoing the dash and am gather ideas of what to do with this rectangular hole in my dash. My idea is like this. I want to take some kind of build out over the hole where I can install a tripple guage set. I guess it wouldnt look bad flat in the dash, but I wanted it built out just a bit on the passenger side to angle the guages a bit toward the driver. Would this be a stupid thing ? What can I use to do this ? Anyone done anything like this ? Any other ideas ? inspirations ? I am not a metal worker so most anything will have to be done by someone else.

-RPM

I think it'd be kinda cool. If it were me... a couple of pieces of 2" PVC and jbweld them to a metal plate...slang on some fiberglass or bondo to make it look molded in ....tack weld some bolts to the back and bolt it in.......
very little metal work and very low cost to try...

i like the pvc idea from above only in metal my suggestion is to go to the local muffler shop and get a section of pipe/ figure the angle thats easiest to see in relation to looking or glancing at the gagues /cut the pipe in a band saw get a flat piece of metal and find some one to tack weld the cut sections from the back of the plate so you will never see them from the front /you could also have a stud tacked from the rear of the panel to attach it to the dash /it would look factory only better because you made it!

-
Back