Hole in the hood

-

72ScampTramp

Scamp Tramp
Reaction score
I have a tunnel ram. I plan not to run a scoop of any kind. Best way to cut the hood? Is there any type of trimming or something I can put around the hole so it doesn't look tacky? Anyone got upclose photos of the hole they cut in their hood?

I used a cutter wheel on my air tool, had to do it carefully for the round hole but it worked good, I also had to cut away some of the under hood bracing but mine is a 66 so yours might be different. I went to the local parts store and bought some cheap plastic black door guard edging, it came is a long roll, I used that to cover the edge and it also helps to keep water out when it trickles down the hood. Don't forget to get shower cap for her incase it rains :glasses7:

Attachments

• Picture 090.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 130
  • DSC02740.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 124
  • DSC02741.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 134
  • Picture 184.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 126
  • Picture 185.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 136
  • Picture 374.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 138
  • DSC06983.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 161
I was thinking that but only in a chrome version. Is that stuff paintable? body color would be nice as well. Wonder the harm in putting it on and painting over it?

You could use a jig saw with a metal blade and go fairly slow.
I would try Krylon fusion paint on the plastic edging, there's lots of colors to choose from. You should be able to find something close.

-
Back