Holes in the firewall ???

-

Brooks James

VET, CPT, Huey Medevac Pilot
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
70 Dart, when I got it it was a bone stock slant 6. I’m guessing that these are ac holes but my entire heating/ ventilation system including controls
Do not include ac. The holes are cut extremely clean as if done by the factory. Is it possible that the factory cut the holes and they were never used???
Any ideas???

2463688C-A46E-4873-9CFD-A19157901340.jpeg

Brooks, Here is a photo of a 68 Valiant that had dealer installed Mopar A/C. Notice the hose route and the holes in the fire wall. Maybe the same happened to your car. I have heard that the hole placement was not specific always.
IMG_2186.jpg

Brooks, Here is a photo of a 68 Valiant that had dealer installed Mopar A/C. Notice the hose route and the holes in the fire wall. Maybe the same happened to your car. I have heard that the hole placement was not specific always. View attachment 1715755249
I see your ac hoses going in behind the
Brake booster. Mine are underneath the wiper where I think the factory hoses ran ???

Depends what A/C unit the dealer was installing, and the year... mine were under the wiper motor, too- sorry, no pics; I welded them up.

70 Dart, when I got it it was a bone stock slant 6. I’m guessing that these are ac holes but my entire heating/ ventilation system including controls
Do not include ac. The holes are cut extremely clean as if done by the factory. Is it possible that the factory cut the holes and they were never used???
Any ideas???

View attachment 1715755237
From your photos we can't see where the holes were. There was talk about dealer installed a/c. Do you have any traces of A/C? THe factory didn't punch holes for dealer installed air. Just for factory air. My 70 Swinger has hoses that go through the firewall below the blower motor. They are crudely made holes sealed with a/c sweat tape.

20150706_142014.jpg

Factory AC,

AC hoses are between the fan motor and wiper motor.
The factory AC cars use a different fan motor than heater cars, the AC cars do not have the plate around the motor (or it s a smaller one?)
kc1208-76348_7.jpg

Alan

If it has factory AC, it should not have a fresh air vent on the drivers side. If it was a factory AC car, the bottom of the cowl on the drivers side was never cut and flanged to hang a vent.

If it has factory AC, it should not have a fresh air vent on the drivers side. If it was a factory AC car, the bottom of the cowl on the drivers side was never cut and flanged to hang a vent.
I have a fresh air vent on the drivers side, but it is a CA car?

I have a fresh air vent on the drivers side, but it is a CA car?

It may be dealer installed AC. I had a 71 Challenger that had factory AC, was built in the LA plant, and lived the majority of its life in CA. It did not have a vent on drivers side, and the lower cowl never was cut and flanged. We have a 69 Dart GT conv that is a factory AC car, and has no vent on the drivers side and the lower cowl was never cut. I'm not sure when they started that though? My 65 Barracuda is a factory AC car, and it has a factory fresh air vent on the drivers side.

It may be dealer installed AC. I had a 71 Challenger that had factory AC, was built in the LA plant, and lived the majority of its life in CA. It did not have a vent on drivers side, and the lower cowl never was cut and flanged. We have a 69 Dart GT conv that is a factory AC car, and has no vent on the drivers side and the lower cowl was never cut. I'm not sure when they started that though? My 65 Barracuda is a factory AC car, and it has a factory fresh air vent on the drivers side.
Would they have had the dealership ship install AC if it’s on the build sheet vice the factory?

Would they have had the dealership ship install AC if it’s on the build sheet vice the factory?
If the tag say AC it is from the factory, it it does not the dealer installed it (they are different systems).

Alan

I have the driver’s side vent and the holes where the factory ac lines would go. I’m thinking that this is a MaMopar special where it was what they had on hand that day. No other hint whatsoever that there was any items for ac. Or it could be that someone was going to install aftermarket stuff and changed their mind. The holes are very cleanly cut so I suspect the former.

-
Back