Holley 1920 /6 225 broken metering block?

-

Williambell453

Reaction score
Hey y'all, I just picked up a 67 valliant /6 225 and it's my first American and carbourated car! I bought it with the classic dies when you shift it issue, limped it home and rebuilt the carb. Whall this aided the issue I'm still having issues stalling in gear at stops. I read tons and tons of forms trying to figure it out and I think one of my balance balls came out. It's a Holley 1920 and the balance ball by the float looks to be gone. Sorry the pic sucks, but isn't there suppose to be a cap there? I assume someone drilled it out and did a **** job putting it together, am I correct. Sorry if this is a dumb question, still learning about carbs.
Thanks!
PXL_20230501_004654762.jpg

Last time one of My balance balls came out, I caught it in the zipper, YEEOWWW!!!

I had several 1920's in the past. Not the best carb. Went to a Carter BBS, never looked back.

I have to agree with Brooks on this one. The best success I've ever had with any Holley one barrel was ringing the trash can with it.

Thankyou all for the responses, it turns out my checkball and cap fell out at some point before I purchased it, so I just bought a carter anyways so I have less headaches.

Thankyou all for the responses, it turns out my checkball and cap fell out at some point before I purchased it, so I just bought a carter anyways so I have less headaches.
curious where you got your carter? Aftermarket or rebuilt? My 1920 holley is still givin me pain so im considering a swap

-
Back