Holley 1920 float!!

-

HemiPar

Reaction score
Hey all. i am having trouble findine a replacement float for my Holley 1920 card. i went to the parts store and they ordered me one. but when i went to pick it up today it was the wrong one. they tried to look up another one but could not find anything. so does any one a part number that i can give them to look up? i have a few parts stores i looked at but none could find them. I Need to get my Swinger back on the road for a little while anyway. Thanks.

That would be Slant six Dan. Do you have a list number for your 1920? There are several versions of the carb along with the mid 70's 1945 Holley.
Frank

No I don't have the list number. I do know there are a bunch of numbers on the carb. I guess I need to take that to the parts store. Thanks guys

Might have a nice one in an older carb. It's not new but I'll gladly mail it to you at n/c if you can use it. LMK and I will look
Just PM me.

Greg

Hey all. i am having trouble findine a replacement float for my Holley 1920 card. i went to the parts store and they ordered me one. but when i went to pick it up today it was the wrong one. they tried to look up another one but could not find anything. so does any one a part number that i can give them to look up? i have a few parts stores i looked at but none could find them. I Need to get my Swinger back on the road for a little while anyway. Thanks.

dartncharger, PM on the way. You guys are a great bunch of folks.
Thank you all

I was looking for a Walker rebuild kits for my Holley 1920. None of the local auto parts chain stores could come up with the rebuild kit number I gave them. I did a Google search, found Walker's telephone number (in California I think), and had the rebuild kit and a new float in three days.

The girl that took my order asked for all kinds of numbers on the side of my carb and she pulled the exact float and rebuild kit I needed. (I didn't tell her the number of the kit I knew I needed. I wanted her to prove to me she knew what she was doing.) The float was corrrect. I think it cost $26. The rebuild kit was another $25. It was actually easy to rebuild it, however I used my factory service manual. It proved a better reference guide than the Walker kit's instructions. Good luck.

1974, what did you do a search for? part number? if so can you share your part number with me? parts place here cant even find the part number.

i just rebuilt mine this weekend on my 76 dart slant used the walker kit picked it up from orilies for 12 bucks

rp23g7. not lookinfg for the whole carb. i am thinking of getting a 2 or 4 bbl manifold later, after the rebuild. but thanks.

Here's a couple part numbers for you. For the rebuild kit try a GP Sorenson 96-191B or NAPA CRB25461. For the float try a GP Sorenson 779-1765 or NAPA CRB2471. The NAPA float is phenolic but it's only 7 bucks. The GP float is around $26 so it is probably brass, the one they have for a Carter at that price is. Hope this helps.

1974, what did you do a search for? part number? if so can you share your part number with me? parts place here cant even find the part number.

Check out this web site. http://www.walkerproducts.com/

I did a Google search for Walker carburetor kits. I'm at work right now. I will post my part number when I get home. I suggest you call Walker and give them your exact carb, let them look it up, and tell you what part number you need.

Thanks guys. I ordered a new float and should be here by tuesday. i was hoping to get the car running this weekend. so for now I will change the fuel pump and poxy primer the roof.

i recently purchased a GP carb kit from autozone, and was pleasantly surprised to find it was actually made by Standard motor parts in the USA!
it was 20 bucks and in stock, everybody else wanted more and had to order it. napa and carquest are good scources if you have trouble finding it at the usual chain stores. the directions are fine if you are a bit familiar with carbs, but if not, a fsm or a carb specific manual is better. Doug

-
Back