Holley 1920 rebuild kits?

-

Stacked360

Reaction score
Trying to get the demon running but the carb looks pretty cruddy, as far as I can tell the float is just stuck but I'd like to go through the carb with fresh gaskets, does anyone have a good source for the correct gaskets?

I can't remember the part number, but I didn't have any trouble finding a rebuild kit for a 1920 at the local NAPA. It included the gaskets and accelerator pump diaphragm.

Just called napa and I gave them the R-4655A (if I remember right) number and he says its good, but he can't get them or find out if he can until Monday.

The local auto stores here were no help. I did a Google search, got the Walker carburetor telephone number in California and called them direct. I gave them my carb number and they pulled it right up and I had the rebuild kit and a new float in three days.

I made a video taking the carb apart and sat down and did the rebuild with no problem. The instructions in the rebuild kit did not provide me enough information. I used my factory service manual (74 Dodge). I did have to rewind the video to verify one or two items when putting it back together. First time I ever did a carb. It works great and the rebuild went smooth. The factory service manual gave me info not in the rebuild kit. I had to replace my choke vacuum after performing FSM tests. The vacuum had to be bought separately.

From a non mechanic, if I can do it, so can you.

I got mine for my '64 at a local Autozone for about $14. If i remember right it was a Jiffy kit.

Funny story. I went into my local O'Really's parts store and asked for a rebuild kit for the 1920 on my '72 and they shared that "huh" glance and took 15 minutes trying to find the right book to even begin looking it up. I love throwing these guys for a loop with the slant! Sure enought they got it in for me the next day (today). Cost me 20$. Any ideas on the best way to clean all the soot off the orig? Elbow Grease?

Best way to clean carbs is get a gallon can of carb cleaner, the kind that you submerge the carb and parts in for a while it REALLY works nice. Nasty stuff but works wonders, can buy it almost anywhere pretty sure.

There are rebuilt kits that you can buy cheaper than ebay they gave me the whole set and performs well with may car, I just added some silicon to make the carb tight and doesn't leak

Float is Walker #100-14. Usually special order. Carburetor operation and repair manuals and links to training movies and carb repair/modification threads are posted here for free download.

Believe it or not, pine-sol works pretty darn good. Soak for a day and any extra you have, clean your toilet! Berrymans dip is great too, but its 15 bucks a gallon, but the CA stuff is not the good stuff, just adequate.

Hygrade Jiffy Kit for HOLLEY #R7821

Anyone use/recommend this rebuild kit

75 225 slant plymouth duster, 1bbl

Want to tighten her up.....

GP Sorensen 96-191B 15 bucks autozone. Looked up 67 dart and they had 2 in stock! says "juego jiffy" on the label....Made in USA. and 533BS em10 on the box inside. comes with 2 diaphragms; 1 Accelerator pump arm has the hook style end squared off and the other looks identical but has a rounder hooked end, maybe different length but I hav not opened it yet. comes with bowl gasket, economizer rubber dealy with a spring on it, brass inlet, intake gasket (2 thick and thin) couple small round stamped gaskets and a rubber umbrella style rubber thing. Ill probably know what these all do once I dive into it tonight.

-
Back