Holley 1945 issues

-

Dingos Garage

Reaction score
I've been running a Holley 1945 on my slant six for a few years now without issue, but lately I've been having issues with surging at cruise and bogging during acceleration as well as intermittent trouble at idle. Was hoping someone on here could point me in the right direction to resolve the issue. Rebuild? Replace? I'm not super knowledgable about carburetors and I'd appreciate the help. Thanks.

Most Holley 1945s have a nitrophyl float. It's possible that the float is absorbing fuel, getting heavy, and starting to flood the engine. Are the plugs black? Other than that, it might just be time for a new fuel filter and a good old carb cleaning.

On the other hand, many people mistake ignition problems for carb problems. How's the tuneup?

Most Holley 1945s have a nitrophyl float. It's possible that the float is absorbing fuel, getting heavy, and starting to flood the engine. Are the plugs black? Other than that, it might just be time for a new fuel filter and a good old carb cleaning.

On the other hand, many people mistake ignition problems for carb problems. How's the tuneup?

plugs are the proper color. I recently tested the ignition system and the coil and distributor etc are all working properly. Time for a carb rebuild?

Advance working properly? Mechanical and vac?
They sometimes get overlooked.
If its got fuel/air to run at highway speed usually the surge is another cause. Intake leak would be something as well as egr going bad

-
Back