holley air bleed size oppions

-

jimjimjimmy

lobsterman
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
just done a tune up on my 416. rpm heads air gap intake 10.03- 1 compression. cam is 543 lift dur at 50 is 256 lobe sep is 110 and 106.1. msd 6al and a msd dist.the carb is a 950hp primary jets are76 and sec jets are 75. air bleeds are 74 idle and 32 primary.the car is working good I just want to clean my idle up a bit she burns the eyes a bit at idle how much bigger air bleeds should I try. go up to 76 or go up higher. what are u guys running for air bleeds in your strokers with the 950 hp

76 jets in front...75 in rear...with or with out power valves?

with power valves Lofgren auto specialty built the carb and dyno tuned it . it works good quick and crisp just a little strong at idle

I normally go .003 at a time on idle air bleeds, so if you got .074's try some .077's.
Is this a 4 corner idle carb? And where are your floats set at? Floats may be a tad high.

I normally go .003 at a time on idle air bleeds, so if you got .074's try some .077's.
Is this a 4 corner idle carb? And where are your floats set at? Floats may be a tad high.

yes it is a 4 corner idle and I put the 76 air bleeds in but now my fuel pump is taking a dump I only have a little over 3.5 psi fuel pressure so no sense in any more tuneing until I get a new pump.funny things happen with low fuel pressure.

-
Back