Holley carb ?

-

73-340

Reaction score
is this carb worth messing with it came off a 440 in a motor home and it is a spreadbore. was told it was a 750 but i believe by the numbers it is a 650

holley 650.jpg

Im sure its worth messing with.

atleast good enough to rebuild and toss on the shelf or sell it and make a few bucks.

that carb in the back ground ( 750 double pumper? ) that would be a good one to build and use on something

That's a Thermoquad replacement 650 Holley. They also made a Quadrajet replacement that was basically the same except for the linkage. I had one (the Q-jet replacement version) about 25 yrs. ago on a Chevy 350 that ran great and got decent fuel mileage. As long as it's rebuildable it should work fine. Check the throttle shafts for slop. If their ok it's probably ok to rebuild as long as no water ever got in it and oxidized the innards. What's the list #? I think mine was a 6231 or something like that.

Why not use the 750 vac sec in the background? It looks fairly clean.

i have several options of carbs just looking to see if what i have would work for me or anyone else. i just got a dual plane intake that is a spread bore intake to replace my torker II intake.

induction.jpg

-
Back