Holley carb?

-

'73red-duster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Ok Holley guys. Maybe one of you can help me out. I have a Holley DP,spreadbore,that came on my 318. The #s on the side of the carb are GR4327B,and on the base are 12R5395B. Can anyone tell me what this is? Is it worth going through,to use on my 340 build? Thanks,Dave :help:

Thanks guys. It's a 6711,which makes it a 650 DP. How do you think it will work on a mild 340 build?

You gotta tune it right if its a DP, if not they will give you a lot of black smoke when you stomp on it. But if you do it right, then it will be razor sharp. Vacuum secodaries work better for around town driving. DP's are better for racing or aggressive driving. Considering the cost of a rebuild kit, its worth rebuilding for $40.00. At worst, you can sell it later and buy an Edelbrock 800 AVS, you can buy those pretty cheap on ebay.

Also spend $20 and get a holley tuning book that most speed shops carry, I have had mine for almost 20 years.

Crap...now I'm feeling old again. :sad:

an Edelbrock 800 AVS, you can buy those pretty cheap on ebay.
No kidding, never looked. Though alot for a 318, I'm sure you'll find a few other lower cfm carbs for cheap as well.
Black equals rich, right? (Thinking out loud.)
Love a DP on a manual trans. Even better with a numerical high gear ratio.

I used those carbs quite a bit-its what i had laying around.We put one on a friends 340 cuda,it had a mostly stock engine and 3.23s and we replaced a well tuned 750 vaccum secondary.It was a big difference,ran alot stronger and alot more bottom end,Ive always had good luck with them on mildly built engines around 350 cubic inch range,also the small primaries are nice on the street.

-
Back