Holley Clear Float Level Plugs

-

rklein383

Reaction score
I was wondering if the clear float level plugs are easy to see the fuel level in the bowl.

I guess as I get older and wiser, I would prefer not to spill gas all over when I adjust my floats.

So, are they worth ten bucks?

thanks,
Rod

The new holleys have a larger sight plug that is clear. It is wrapped in metal as well.

As far as the old ones I have seen a few break. I bet due to heat and such from a running engine. You sure don't want that leak.

The new holleys have a larger sight plug that is clear. It is wrapped in metal as well.

As far as the old ones I have seen a few break. I bet due to heat and such from a running engine. You sure don't want that leak.

Just for adjusting the floats, would replace them with the brass ones when done.

To prevent the chance of fire due to spilled fuel I use them then immediately after take them out when I have it set and put the brass plugs back in. One time I had one freeze up in the fuel bowl even though I had just put it in and it went in with ease. Broke the dang thing off trying to get it out so I had to pull the fuel bowl to drill it out. From then on I put a small amount of grease on the threads so they don't stick.

-
Back