Holley Electric Rebuild ?

-

pastortom1

Reaction score
I had a Holley 7# electric pump on my 67 Cuda up in NY, but the thing went belly up..........My son in law had to get a different pump and install it......didn't have Holley........forget what he installed........

Anywho, can we rebuild the Holley, and what's involved with one of those little guys? I hate to just trash the thing with the cost of them.......It had less than 500 miles on it.........probably a LOT less. Stinkin' junk these days. :angry7:

:read2::read2::read2:

If it's the type that I'm thinking it is they do have rebuild kits. But all the ones that I've had that stopped working I was able to fix easily. Usually the vanes get rusted in place or gummed up. Just give each port a squirt of penetrating oil, wait a few minutes then pull off the bottom plate cover with gasket, and you should be able to see the vanes in the center wheel and probably some junk. Shake out the vanes or pick them out with a small pick, some of the center drive wheels come out easy, and some you kinda have to fight, but if it doesn't come out don't worry as long as you get it to spin freely. Make sure you clean up the rust or gunk out of all the vane areas, and that everything moves freely. You might have to polish up each vane so it doesn't hang up.

5581938fcb4521a0a016c35b466b7b6c.jpg

just get a rebuild kit, I have had one as a transfer pump on my dually for 10 years and rebuilt it twice. Takes about 15 mins. for a blind armless monkey.:cheers:

-
Back