Holley intake

-

'73red-duster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
OK guys. What's your op on a holley street dominator intake,for a small block? If I buy it,it will go on a 318. Is it worth a $100,or spend the extra for a Eddy?

Old intake. Leave it for the musem. (sp?) get the Edel. intake.

I guess I can second that. I have heard that from pretty much everyone I have asked both on the net and in person.

FWIW-ROB

I love my Eddy!!! I just wish they would make a Duel quad air gap for the small block mopar since they make them for other brands.

I do to, but thats a Chevy thing. Them first. If it sells, and how well it sells will be a dictation on if and when we get one. I'd also like to see a 383 in line dual quad like they have for the 440.

Ditto on the 383 intake. I have a 400 in my 53 merc truck and would love 2 4's. There was a guy over at slantsix.com that had a six pack intake kit with 3 webbers, I think it was prolinefuel. He was selling the whole set up for a 383/400. It looked pretty cool.

Now when I do a search for his page it rerouts me to some stupid search engine.

I have an eddy RPM non airgap. It was 105 here in Cali today and I had no problems.

Oops, replied to wrong post.

That Holley manifold is a damn good intake.it was way ahead of it's time.Yeah the new eddy will give you a few more ponies,but not enough to justify more than twice the cost.In a manifold shootout recently the Airgap made less than 10 hp more than the Holley.Now if you want to spend 150-175 bucks for ten horse have at it.I'd take the Holley & put the extra cash toward a carb.If you don't want it for 100 bucks I'll sure as hell buy it.Anyone that knocks a Holley intake is uninformed.

Cudax4, that "Street Dom" is far different than the "Strip Dom", the strip Dom apears to be what your talking about.
Correct?

rumblefish360 said:
Cudax4, that "Street Dom" is far different than the "Strip Dom", the strip Dom apears to be what your talking about.
Correct?
Not sure which one they used in the shootout,but I've had both and found them to be excellent manifolds.Mostly I'm saying I don't believe a new eddy for 250 bucks or whatever is going to gain enough power over the Holley for 100 bucks.to make it worth it.For 100 bucks,that Holley is a fine manifold.When I get home tonight I'll look for the article.

The MoPar Muscle mag had the strip dom. intake.
I also agree, that an old intake can perform great and save bucks not worth spending over a new intake.
In example, lookie at what I picked up for $60. Homw washed cleaned, at work glass beeded. Add $5 for clear paint. Off the shelf red sprayed into a cup with the kids paintbrush.
This will certainly do.

100_1075.JPG

I like my single plain Edelbrock StreetMaster on my 360, but I prefer having it painted to look stock, helps with my sleeper theme when the youngsters around here ask "what's under the hood?"

-
Back