holley problems

-
im starting to think about the fuel line situation and for what it costs its time to change that also plus filter and clean carb out again so can anyone suggest what type or name of fuel line to buy cause i dont trust the kids at local parts store if yall know what i mean all they do is look in computer and thats the rule to them i dont want to buy what i already have

have you pulled the tanks and cleaned that also? thats a big problem usually. you wouldn't believe the crap that collects in a gas tank after 40 years. and i agree modern rubber hose will be better then the 40 year old stuff.

i never have those problems with my holleys. i have the best of both worlds with them. they idle great and the performance is great. its usually a guy that doesn't know how to tune them or a guy that slaps them on a car with a filthy fuel system that has problems with them.

Yep so true!! I've seen so many people through the yrs. cuss holleys.

Go to a place that makes hydraulic hoses for earthmoving machines and buy your fuel line from them.
They only stock quality product.

Point taken!!

i never have those problems with my holleys. i have the best of both worlds with them. they idle great and the performance is great. its usually a guy that doesn't know how to tune them or a guy that slaps them on a car with a filthy fuel system that has problems with them.

True!
Yes that was me :angry7:

have you pulled the tanks and cleaned that also? thats a big problem usually. you wouldn't believe the crap that collects in a gas tank after 40 years. and i agree modern rubber hose will be better then the 40 year old stuff.

True!
New tank and sending unit from Rock Auto saved the day.

-
Back