Holley Question

-

bill paynter

67 Cuda
Reaction score
I recently rebuilt an old spread bore Holley Carb but, the secondaries won't stop leaking fuel, I've adjusted the float, replaced the needle and seat
any thoughts

it's a vacuum secondary carb

bill paynter said:
I recently rebuilt an old spread bore Holley Carb but, the secondaries won't stop leaking fuel, I've adjusted the float, replaced the needle and seat
any thoughts

it's a vacuum secondary carb

Hi Bill, considering you did a rebuild with a kit and had it apart, the majority of problems are adjustments and or specks of dirt holding the needle open.. Depending on your model; you may want to check your Secondary throttle stop screw position agian that it's not open far.

Back off the screw until it doesn't touch the throttle lever. turn the screw in until it touches the secondary throttle lever. Turn it in 1/4 turn more.

Carbs can be a stab in the dark...
Hopefully you won't have to rip it down and start over. :wack:

Just my thoughts...Good Luck

Bill, you didnt say where the leak is , is it over flowing into the carb or leaking out onto the manifold? also does this carb have a secondary metering block or the fixed plate?

Could be a sunk float.

I'd remove the needle and seat, blow it clean with air, reinstall.
I also lube the needle/seat outer o-ring with a touch of vaseline before installing. Help to keep the O-ring from tearing when installed.

-
Back