holley stumble

-
Reaction score
The engine is a new 340 rebuild 10.7:1 crower stage 3 hyd. cam, holley 3310 750 vac. sec. on an Edelbrock performer rpm airgap. The carb was purchased used. I broke in the motor with no issues. Timing 32 total btw. I noticed that when cruising at various speeds the car would hesitate on tip in . It sounds like I'm accelerating lifting an accelerating again. I discussed this with a local racer that offered to help. He took the carb and returned it without offering what it was that he did. I remounted it and now found I could close the idle mixture screws and it wouldn't stall. Hmmmm real rich, couldn' stand anywhere near the rear of the car. LOADING THE CONVERTOR produces STARTS with no hesitation. Tip in stumble is still there at various driving speed,only now I can hear what sounds like a pop along with my stumble. I would guess that he drilled the idle passages but i haven't asked yet. Anyone been here before????? Oh yeah it gobbles that $4.00 a gallon fuel like a top fueler.

a couple things to check, make sure the correct gasket is in the front meterig block, and while your there check the power valve, it sounds like its blown. the tip in response is controled by the power valve size. it should be 2- 3lbs less than manifold vaccum..

-
Back