Holley Terminator X Gen III Hemi hard starts.

-

gilberttitan08

Mexican Hillbilly!!!
Reaction score
Good morning guys, did a Gen III hemi swap on my POWERWAGON, ‘13 5.7 Hemi. Went with a 92mm Holley sniper cable throttle body and Holley sniper fabricated intake manifold. After setting software and firmware, went through the GCF wizard for a base calibration. Engine fired up after few cranks, idled at 1100-1250 rpm, set up target range for 850 once warmed up, ignition timing is set at 15*, timing at idle is 12*, timing at cruise is 35.3*, and ignition at WOT is 12.0*. Now after trying to set IAC position within range it is having extremely difficult hard starts or won’t start at all. My throttle position is 0 value and IAC is at 92 (value won’t change regardless when I adjust) when I cycle the ignition to on, pump goes through its 5 second prime and fuel pressure sets at 60psi, not sure what I did wrong, but I’m hoping to get some help, thanks guys.

Last edited:
Good morning guys, did a Gen III hemi swap on my POWERWAGON, ‘13 5.7 Hemi. Went with a 92mm Holley sniper cable throttle body and Holley sniper fabricated intake manifold. After setting software and firmware, went through the GCF wizard for a base calibration. Engine fired up after few cranks, idled at 1100-1250 rpm, set up target range for 850 once warmed up, ignition timing is set at 15*, timing at idle is 12*, timing at cruise is 35.3*, and ignition at WOT is 12.0*. Now after trying to set IAC position within range it is having extremely difficult hard starts or won’t start at all. My throttle position is 0 value and IAC is at 92 (value won’t change regardless when I adjust) when I cycle the ignition to on, pump goes through its 5 second prime and fuel pressure sets at 60psi, not sure what I did wrong, but I’m hoping to get some help, thanks guys.
If I remember correctly, the Terminator wants the IAC to be near 0 when the engine is warm, then you adjust the throttle plate to get RPM where you want it. Did you do this? May be try cracking the throttle plate open while cranking to see if it starts. If so, I believe you found the problem.

Yes, I corrected it. Since I’m using a GM throttle body. Re-wiring was necessary. Had to swap two IAC coils leads, from a Chrysler to GM configuration. Then crank position sensor had no feedback, changed that out and immediate start. Had to adjust IAC, seeing 0-1 now.

-
Back