Home HVAC cost?

-
Our outside central air unit went out like 15 years ago. We've been using a window unit ever since. I was fortunate enough to be able to afford one for the bedroom very recently, due to a sale on it at Wally World. Online only, 100 bucks off for an 8K BTU. Perfect for the bedroom and master bath. We swap back and forth between the bedroom and living room, because I shudder to think what the electric bill will be for two, much less one. We'll find out soon enough. I've been getting estimates off and on for a new HVAC system. One wanted 14K for a complete system. In a double wide. LOL I politely said no.

@ProjectBazza nailed it. My quote last year was $20k and I almost spit out my beer, so I found a guy who does side jobs and did it for $12,000.

....but then I fell out of my attic investigating a noise after the install and broke my foot to the tune of another $10k.....can't win sometimes.

@ProjectBazza nailed it. My quote last year was $20k and I almost spit out my beer, so I found a guy who does side jobs and did it for $12,000.

....but then I fell out of my attic investigating a noise after the install and broke my foot to the tune of another $10k.....can't win sometimes.
Damn the luck. Now you are up to $22 for the install. :BangHead: :BangHead: :lol:

Damn! That had to hurt!

And not only the foot... :lol:

I've started working up in the attic of my house recently (sealing and insulating), and based on what you've posted I'm so glad I've started building myself a "catwalk" of sorts up there.

Last edited:
Damn! That had to hurt!

And not only the foot... :lol:

I've started working up in the attic of my house right now (sealing and insulating), and based on what you've posted I'm so glad I've started building myself a "catwalk" of sorts up there.
The moral of the story is: make sure your ladder is sufficiently tall for the job!
Damn, that sucks! Did you find the noise at least?
Not until about 8 months later when I was finally able to climb a ladder again. So the entire summer, that damned rattle mocked me while I scooted around on my knee scooter. The installer left a strap too loose, and a piece of ductwork that exited through the roof would rattle every time the wind blew.

-
Back