Home made Sub Frame connectors installed

-

AnotherA

Reaction score
We got the frame connectors and the shot with under body coating. They are 1 1/2" x 3" and 42 3/4" Long.
Now I have a place to run the fuel lines.

image008.jpg

image006.jpg

image014.jpg

image003-1.jpg

image004-1.jpg

Very nice, That should make a big difference in ride and handling.

Looks good!! Strong and simple. toolman

looks real clean...im going to be doing mine like that as well- dont want to hack the floor, although that is the stronger way from what i hear...either way, you will definatly notice a difference in handling and flex

Looks great. You will be amazed at how much more stiff the car is. I did mine about 3 years ago with the magnum force tubular ones.

DSC00306 (Medium).JPG

Nice work,do me a favor get some paint into that hole i see in the first pic.

hahaha, will do.

This car should be getting stripped down in 2 years or less so I didn't want to go hog wild with the underbody coating. Even though it is fun to spray.

those look nice. What did they run you if you don't mind me asking?

Also where did you locate the metal? LOL

That size metal fits just right and is square which is stronger than round. I used to have a Honda 4-wheeler with a square tube frame. It was stronger than their competition (Suzuki, Yamaha) which had round frames.

The metal came from a local shop. I spent a whopping $27 for the metal and $7.50 for a can of under body coating, grand total of $34.50 installed.

Steve, Do those bolt to the seat studs too?

No. They bolt to the floor footwell for the rear passengers.

Yeah, I noticed they have gone down on price....MP's were on backorder at the time and so were like 2 other makes. That is why I plunked down the cash, I NEEDED them ASAP.

I ran the MP ones. They arent bad. I had them welded in though. You can all ways bolt them in then weld them later.

Still much cheaper to make your own.

-
Back