Home Warranty Companies????

-

dusted72

Thanks Hemiroid!!!!
Reaction score
Anybody use a home warranty company? My home is about 13-14 years old and I am really affraid something big is gonna crap the bed and I am gonna be out alot of money that I don't have. We just had our A/C serviced since it was freezing up really badly. The service man said it was 13 years old and was almost to the end of it's life. It will be fine for a year or 2 more but it will start nickle and diming us to death very soon. Just wandering if anybody here uses them.

We have American Home Shield. They saved our butts a few times. be warned though, they will try to go the cheapo route every time. They just replaced our washing machine and we had to argue a bit with them to replace it with a compairable unit.....not the cheapest POS they had in the wharehouse. Kinda like totaling your SS/AH Barracuda and your insurance replacing it with a slant 6 4 dr valiant......only their warrenty folks see no difference!

Home warranty companies are generally a tool/perk used by the seller for the sale of a home. I have never liked them for reasons like mentioned above. They like to band-aid big repairs.

Save your $$ and shop for a more efficient A/C unit is my .02

Home warranty companies are only as good as the contractors the sub the work to. In too many cases, you would be better off in the long run to save back a bit along and along in a fund dedicated for that purpose.

I use First American, and never had any problems with them.
Saved my but numerous times,(pool filter,condensing unit,plumbing,ect).
Imo, great company.

-
Back