Honestly, I owe it all to FABO...

-

whitepunkonnitro

Reaction score
As many of you know, back in July I opened the doors to a new, Mopar only shop here in Murfreesboro TN.
Business is great!
I went from worrying about filling six empty bays to being jammed and booked solid through early next year in nothing flat. I'm already considering a bigger location.
The journey here began about eight years ago, when I had a small pile of parts on my shed floor and needed to make some room.
On a whim, I placed a couple of add here on FABO, and was amazed at how quickly everything sold.
A couple of weeks later, an old bud asked me if I wanted to buy him out of a couple of storage units filled with A Body stuff. Seeing how the first pile sold. I agreed, and thus a full time parts business was launched.
It has been awesome! Thousands of sales, many new friends and acquaintances...tons of back breaking work, but worth every bit of it.
The parts business is a full time thing that has Kathy and myself working 18 hour days, 7 days a week. No complaints!..we're living the dream and grateful for the opportunity.
But, there are so many hours in the day, and only so much focus that can be dedicated in any given direction, and the shop is asking for more and more of it. So, it's time to scale back on parts and push forward on expanding the shop.
I'm not disappearing from FABO, but I'll be listing fewer things going forward.
I do need to thin some of the inventory also, to make room for customer cars and de clutter life in general. I have dozens of current listings on here now...if you see something you can use, feel free to lowball me!!
I also have a whole yard filled with parts cars that are going to have to be cut down. If you need something structural or oddball, now's the time to hit me up for it.
Joey..I am eternally grateful for the opportunity you have given us here, as well as the slack you cut me when I was being a bit too aggressive or just an asshole in general.
I'll always represent for this place, and hopefully, always be a welcome part of it.
Amazing what can be done with a pile of **** on a shed floor, huh...
Tony

Tony accomplished ,his American dream. F' n Yeah ! B.t.w ,the check is in the mail....seriously. Best of luck ,Tony.

Great to hear your story and you success Tony. I don't know how you keep track of it all. Good luck to your future.

I don't know how you keep track of it all.
Through lots of hard work, no doubt.

I've been blessed with business success in the past 15 years and am 100% hoping the same for WPON. It's still a lot of hard work but it sounds like it is moving in the right direction, and it is a great feeling when it goes right. Just be mentally ready for the ride to go up and down at times, and don't over-commit on borrowing. (The economy is improving but it will bust again someday...and hot rod spending is the 1st thing to go by the wayside.)

Congrats to both of you. I've seen the amount of ads and been in awe of not only the amount of much needed parts but your knowledge as well. It's not really a surprise how well the business is doing. Congrats!

Through lots of hard work, no doubt.

I've been blessed with business success in the past 15 years and am 100% hoping the same for WPON. It's still a lot of hard work but it sounds like it is moving in the right direction, and it is a great feeling when it goes right. Just be mentally ready for the ride to go up and down at times, and don't over-commit on borrowing. (The economy is improving but it will bust again someday...and hot rod spending is the 1st thing to go by the wayside.)
I'm already three steps ahead on that.
I never borrow money for business..or really anything else for that matter.
The nice thing about a shop, is that it's flexible. If the hot rod work crashes, I can always transition to general repair/fabrication.
Taking the place of my parts business, I'll be flipping cheap late models..I have great roadside exposure, and good times or bad, people need wheels.

I'm already three steps ahead on that.
I never borrow money for business..or really anything else for that matter.
The nice thing about a shop, is that it's flexible. If the hot rod work crashes, I can always transition to general repair/fabrication.
Taking the place of my parts business, I'll be flipping cheap late models..I have great roadside exposure, and good times or bad, people need wheels.
Good for you for taking that route and thinking ahead.... and, reading between the lines, I was thinking/hoping that was what you was say. (Sounds like you listen to Dave Ramsey...)
Awesome!

Good for you for taking that route and thinking ahead.... and, reading between the lines, I was thinking/hoping that was what you was say. (Sounds like you listen to Dave Ramsey...)
Awesome!
Nah, been this way my whole life. Dave Ramsey and I have opposing views on hard assets. I'm an old school gold bug, he hates the stuff

Wishing you continued success. Its been a pleasure getting parts from you. Glad you'll still be around here, even if its less. You fill a parts need here for so many members, as well as your knowledge.

Might I say congrats on the new venture! Having been up to my eyes decades ago parting out, selling parts, I know it is lots of hard work, though was enjoyable for me. You have always been a great guy to deal with, and that along with your knowledge will keep you moving forward in your business.
Yes NOT owing money is the way us small people survive!! We will not necessarily become huge but in bad time we survive.....
Yes a country boy will survive!!! ( and a few from the burbs!!) ha

Give s some pics and info on the shop. Don't be a stranger on here.....

Man I hate to hear this as I was thinking of contacting you to see if you wanted to liquidate my parts stash. I don't want to do the shipping so that is reason I don't list it on here. Good luck with your shop and take some time for life, Joe

What is the name of the shop again? I'm going to have to come check it out, you are right down the road. Congrats!

I've gotten my share of parts from you, and all have been good, Thanks and wishing you and Kathy all the best!
-Doug

Actually, I'm NYC born and raised, so we listen to a lot of loud punk rock and curse pretty much all the time
I knew that, so i was making fun bout the grits, etc!!! Actually I have some good friends that come out of the N.E.,.... bring them South give them a couple of years and the smarter ones learn to speak Southern and love boiled peanuts!!!!! HA

You would have to learn to say "you'all", eat chessy grits, fly the Stars and Bars, and work for Southern wages, HA..... maybe come on down!!

I can handle that, I play in a bluegrass band, my fathers side of my family is from the Virginia/West Virginia area, and after visiting Nashville a few years ago, I now say that I'm from Deee-troit!! I think I'd fit right in!! I am taking the family on a trip back down to Nashville this year on spring break, and plan to visit Tony and Kathy at their shop, wouldn't be surprised if the family just left me there!! Word on the street is that they want me gone anyway!!

very cool...but i still think you should have called your new shop "Fix It Again Tony's"

-
Back