Hood Adjustment 68 Dart

-

jefflock

69 Dart 408 10.08 best pass so far
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Is there something you can move on the hood latch to move the hood over a little? There doesn't appear to be any slotted holes on the mounting locations. Thanks Jeff

sometimes you have to elongate the holes but how is the support bracket sitting in reference to those two nuts at the top of the core support? you can loosen and move the top of the support over.

I have a good line on the sides. I just need to pull the front over a little.

I have a good line on the sides. I just need to pull the front over a little.

You don't adjust the hood with the latch, all that will do is cause the hood to:

be hard to open
be hard to latch
pop to the side when you release the latch

Or all three.

How is it at the cowl? You can't really have it good on both sides and off at the front or back unless the fenders or the front end is swung over.

You don't adjust the hood with the latch, all that will do is cause the hood to:

be hard to open
be hard to latch
pop to the side when you release the latch

Or all three.

How is it at the cowl? You can't really have it good on both sides and off at the front or back unless the fenders or the front end is swung over.

not true, its not uncommon for the hinges to be more to one side than the other, we are talking factory tolerances here. Something that can help is to open the hood, then push near the hinges towards the other fender. a couple shoves and it will move it over.

not true, its not uncommon for the hinges to be more to one side than the other, we are talking factory tolerances here. Something that can help is to open the hood, then push near the hinges towards the other fender. a couple shoves and it will move it over.

He said he has good lines on the sides and I already told him to adjust at the hinges.

right to each fender. I didn;t say adjust the hinges, i said push the hood to the side with the largest gap. Like grab it with both hands and push.

Thank You Guys for the help.

-
Back