Hood adjustment (side gaps)

-

plumkrazee70

Reaction score
I have 70 Dart and my driver's side gap is wide toward the fender extension and my passenger side is too tight (to the point I chipped the paint on the hood and fender)

I want to install hood pins, but the drivers is too far away to hit the oval straight under the hood.

What's the best way to adjust? I think loosen the passenger side (tight side) and slide forward. Will that open the passenger gap and close the drivers?

Pic attached. I can get a better pic tonight.

IMG_20210724_071750323~3.jpg

how does the body gap look at the back of the hood along the cowl? How is the alignment of the front edge of the hood to the fender extensions? If it's uniform, I'd loosen the fenders and adjust passenger side out and the driver side in. The rubber bumpers along the hood edge in the fenders are supposed to center the hood as well

Last edited:
how does the body gap look at the back of the hood along the cowl? How is the alignment of the front edge of the hood to the fender extensions? If it's uniform, I'd loosen the fenders and adjust passenger side out and the driver side in. The rubber bumpers along the hood edge in the fenders are supposed to center the hood as well

Everywhere else looks great. I was thinking about moving the fenders, if I do will the hole where the hood pin bolts in move in as well?

The hood pin holes are attached to the fenders and will move in or out with the fenders

Thank you. Now the big question. If I loosen the fenders, what's the best way to break the adhesive? I should've done this before I painted it. Dang it.

I swear I had the hood aligned before, but guess not.

Gentle heat might help with adhesive.

If the alignment along one if the fenders to the hood is good adjust only the other side

I am not sure about Darts but I found by accident on the Duster the radiator support that the latch is attached too can be adjusted. It is attached by a bolt on each side and can be moved side to side enough to get the gaps adjusted. I actually did mine after discovering this.

Duster 1.png

I am not sure about Darts but I found by accident on the Duster the radiator support that the latch is attached too can be adjusted. It is attached by a bolt on each side and can be moved side to side enough to get the gaps adjusted. I actually did mine after discovering this.

View attachment 1716097214

I have moved over, but it only pulls tight side so far.

-
Back