Hood insultaion pads

-

AdamR

Big Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the Die cut hood pads ? The factory used a molded one which is also available but I would rather pay $25 instead of the $90 they want for the molded one.

AdamR said:
Has anyone tried the Die cut hood pads ? The factory used a molded one which is also available but I would rather pay $25 instead of the $90 they want for the molded one.

I have one on my car, no problems...and I have bought them in the past for other cars....never an issue with heat/paint etc. My opinion, save the coin and get the $25 one! Having never bought the $90 one, I do not know how it would be better...sorry. :wav:

Adam,
The one for the 69 I am restoring is still in the plastic bag, sorry. I need to get it installed, probably this weekend. Are you in the market to buy one right away? Do you want to wait? Or do you need pics of one "uninstalled" for the moment? I can take some pics for ya! ??

AdamR said:
I cant wait. Just wondering how they look installed.

Adam, here's the one on my 70, not the best of pics, but it gives you the idea.....

6.JPG

18.JPG

19.JPG

Thanks, That was suppose to be a I CAN wait, LOL. Its gonna be a while before I order it and the hood seals. Thanks again.

AdamR said:
Thanks, That was suppose to be a I CAN wait, LOL. Its gonna be a while before I order it and the hood seals. Thanks again.

LOL....and I ran out back to take those pics cuz you could not wait!!!!! J/K, glad I could help. :toothy7:

-
Back