Hood is stuck up

-
You tell that hood that it's no better than any other mopar hood and to drop the attitude or else.
Stuckup hoods suck.

It needs lube at the moving points.
Get someone to help and pull the hood down like your trying to close it and have someone push down on the hood where the hinges are.

Your hood hinges are probably wore out.Put something like a piece of wood or something covered between the hinge and fender to keep them from flexing outward remove once the hood starts coming down

Whatever you do don't pull down too hard, the hood will just bend. Get a couple of friends to push a little by the hinges

Thanks for the info. I noticed it was trying to flex outward when i would try and pull down. Sadly I learned the lesson of bending the hood a tiny bit when I initially discovered it being stuck. I'll try what everyone mentioned and if worst comes to worst I got a pair of newish hinges.

Thanks for the info. I noticed it was trying to flex outward when i would try and pull down. Sadly I learned the lesson of bending the hood a tiny bit when I initially discovered it being stuck. I'll try what everyone mentioned and if worst comes to worst I got a pair of newish hinges.

You will have to remove remove the fenders to replace the hinges

If it's like a 72 valiant, open the door on the side of the stuck hinge, if you can see the hinge spring, get something long enough to push it towards the front of the car as someone GENTLY pulls the hood down. This should at least get it closed. I would definitely lube the snot out of it too.

-
Back