Hood problems

-
They are very tricky to adjust. I noticed you don't have factory bolts, I feel for you guys that don't have a big stash of them.

The bar, with the nuts welded to it, that is inside the sheet metal of the hood, needs to be at the right angle, or it will bind the hinges going down. I have fought this deal a few times, especially on this last hood where I had to repair that area.

If you have that right, you need to adjust it well away from the cowl, so it can clear it, then work back from there.

How much pressure does it take for one of those hinges to fold? Before I had the hood on I was messing around trying to get it to pivot and it wouldnt budge, I had almost all of my weight on it before I gave up, I weigh about 165. Im thinking now that they might be stuck, the hood was not on the car when I got it so I never saw those hinges in use. they were thrown in the trunk.

Evan I have a 68 parts manual on cd, I am not sure how much it will help for your hood issues, but definitely will help at one point. I can cut you a copy, yours, just pay for shipping.

4spdragtop

-
Back