hood scoop opinions

-

SpeedracerX

Still on this side of the dirt member
Reaction score
Hey gang.. Need some input here, I keep going back and forth about the scoop I will be putting on my Dart.. My first choice was the 6-pack scoop.. they just look killer on that vintage of Dart.. However the lift off hood with the scoop already in it is way out of my price range.. and to me placing a 6-pack scoop on the hood without finishing it all in to look like part of the hood doesnt look as good to me (now to those that have it that way, im in no way implying it looks bad or anything, it just isnt my thing) ...

I have a pro-stock style scoop that I got from Summit.. some days when I lay it on there, I think it looks cool and others I just dont... Lately I have been kicking around the idea of what I know as 'the Duster scoop'.. its the scoop that came on 73 Dusters and Dart sports (I dont have a pic to show here) .. A buddy of mine has one in storage somewhere, says he will dig it out for me to look at, but another buddy says he thinks it will look silly on that style of Dart.. I dont know, in my head it looks kinda cool.. anyone ever seen that style scoop on that vintage of Dart?? any opinions? would love to hear what you all think.. thanks

Six-pack, just do it right the first time. Its not how much you make but how much you save. so is it really that much? You could always come up with an awesome idea like paint a majority of the hood black, like a stripe with two pen stripes leaving body color towards the edges, it would look great.

Post pictures of the cars present condition and it will give everyone a better idea.

Hey gang.. Need some input here, I keep going back and forth about the scoop I will be putting on my Dart.. My first choice was the 6-pack scoop.. they just look killer on that vintage of Dart.. However the lift off hood with the scoop already in it is way out of my price range.. and to me placing a 6-pack scoop on the hood without finishing it all in to look like part of the hood doesnt look as good to me (now to those that have it that way, im in no way implying it looks bad or anything, it just isnt my thing) ...

I have a pro-stock style scoop that I got from Summit.. some days when I lay it on there, I think it looks cool and others I just dont... Lately I have been kicking around the idea of what I know as 'the Duster scoop'.. its the scoop that came on 73 Dusters and Dart sports (I dont have a pic to show here) .. A buddy of mine has one in storage somewhere, says he will dig it out for me to look at, but another buddy says he thinks it will look silly on that style of Dart.. I dont know, in my head it looks kinda cool.. anyone ever seen that style scoop on that vintage of Dart?? any opinions? would love to hear what you all think.. thanks

sounds like you mean the double snorkle scoop

This is the scoop I am talking about... I think it would give the Dart a unique look... at this point my Dart has the plain jane non bulged hood.. Maybe its just me, but I think it may look cool.. guess I will have to wait and see when I lay it on there.. I am just curious if anyone has seen this scoop on a 67-9 Dart...

Attachments

• battleship.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 379
this is the dual snorkel, I have one on my duster, order to the specific year or it will not fit the hood right
They gring the bottom of the scoop to match up, I have a 75, I ordered for a 73 because I am making it into a 73 clone, faced this issue, went out found another hood and spent more money having the new hood taken to primer. Dont make the same mistake I did.
Order year one or AAR patience is key to saving but will be well worth the wait.

I have even seen that scoop on Challengers.. So I figure they fit a variety of applications.. or they are modified to do so.. either way, might be worth the effort.. My buddy got his on a 63 Sport Fury (found it in the junkyard that way.. it actually looked cool on that car believe it or not, and he originally thought of keeping it.. but in the end decided to go with the original and more period correct super stock scoop for his Fury)

It would look good, I would order a 70 Duster or Dart scoop, they are the closest to flat as and year of your car. Or you could have it molded to the hood and not worry about the line up, but they tend to wear out and crack a little bit after six years or so.
Either way, it will be worth it.

Well I like the sixpack hood....but then I might be a little bit biased LOL. I got mine years ago at the Mopar Nats. A guy had it and it was new, I think I paid $75.00 for it. It's a lift off style. I know that buying them new is expensive. Good Luck

Attachments

• IMG_0495.JPG
    100.6 KB · Views: 327
  • IMG_0492 LR.JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 320
i know i get it for this but the mustang gt scoop off like an 87 looks good to

Attachments

• 1022091458.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 325
  • ss dart.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 273
Get one of these

DSCF2565_Medium_.jpg

looks more and more like the 73 snorkle scoop might get the win here LOL .. any more pics guys? (actually now im just enjoying the pics with the scoops LOL) .. Im thinking it might give the Dart a cool twist.. thanks guys

The Duster scoop came in two types: flat hood and ridged hood. The ridged one fits on my Barracuda. I cut the hood and made it functional. Hood scoops give the car attitude.

AAR sells a taller (4.5") version of this same scoop if you want even more 'attitude'

Attachments

• PA240155.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 293
I went and checked... its over $300 lol.. out of my range for sure

The factory dual snorkel scoops are fetching $325-$350 on the E-bag,just ask J-macs.His went quick,stay real far away from yearones snorkle scoop,unless you like surfing ~~~~~~LOL

10 years ago or so, a friend of mine bought an aftermarket dual snorkel and put on his sons 73 Dart Sport. He said it wasn't near as nice as an original but once he got it on the car he was pleased with it.

The factory dual snorkel scoops are fetching $325-$350 on the E-bag,just ask J-macs.His went quick,stay real far away from yearones snorkle scoop,unless you like surfing ~~~~~~LOL

The one my buddy has is a factory scoop.. I heard they were going for that much as well.. Im glad I have nice friends LOL ...

six pack scoop oh ya :cheers:

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 209
-
Back