Hood Separating

-

73Duster6

Reaction score
I recently noticed my hood shaking on the drivers side but not the passenger side. I opened the hood and found that the skin was separating from the stuff (don't know what it's called) that holds it to the cross bracing. 1. What is this stuff that the factory used? 2. Can I still get some? 3. If I can't get OG what can I use and how to do it? Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi, What year car and model? If a Dart lite or Gold Duster you likely have an aluminum hood. The hoods were crimped together along the outer edges. If you look at a regular hood you can tell the difference. The bracing was steel the skin aluminum I believe.
Oh, and trunk lids were the same as well as bumper brackets...very cool!

You might try some panel adhesive for automobiles. They use it a lot now for bonding body panels together.

Clean the old out, prep the surface and squeeze a little in there.

Of course you may need to figure a way to prop something under the hood so you can lower it down on it to apply pressure to it until it sets.

I'm not sure how long it takes to set up.

I have used Fusor anti-flutter foam. It expands but won't distort the panel. You will need a Fusor calking gun. Some auto parts stores will lend them out.

-
Back