Hooker headers on 383 best way to install

-

Milo3156

Reaction score
I am putting hooker headers super comp 5205-1HKR on my 69 dart with 383, I am installing power steering and front discs at the same time. Discs are all on and looking at trying to fit the headers before finishing power steering and looks challenging! Looking for advice on the beat way to get these bad boys installed.

Thanks for your help!!

I am putting goller headers on my 69 dart with 383, I am installing power steering and front discs at the same time. Discs are all on and looking at trying to fit the headers before finishing power steering and looks challenging! Looking for advice on the beat way to get these bad boys installed.

Thanks for your help!!
What's goller headers?

The best way ive learned is to pull all spark plugs, take motor mount bolts out and jack one side of the motor up at a time , put the headers in separately but dont tighten until the motor is back down in to place , ps if its a 4 speed and your using a zbar , that will need to be loosend or taken out and reinstalled after headers are in , also helps to have front tires off or cut to one side .

The best way ive learned is to pull all spark plugs, take motor mount bolts out and jack one side of the motor up at a time , put the headers in separately but dont tighten until the motor is back down in to place , ps if its a 4 speed and your using a zbar , that will need to be loosend or taken out and reinstalled after headers are in , also helps to have front tires off or cut to one side .

Did you then bring them in from under the car? Also did you have to buy a smaller starter?

Nope in from the top , may help to take the hood off . and no about the starter, ive used the regular stock starters and aftermarket ones, the good thing about fender wells you can use any starter you choose ,

-
Back