hooker super comp headers

-

Vitamin c

Vitamin c
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
anybody have experience with hooker super comp 1.75'' headers? Im having a 408 with indy prepped edelbrock heads put together and the machine shop says the 1 5/8'' are to small. The first thing thats a problem is i believe these are race only headers with no provision for bolting on exhaust. secondly, how is the fit with these headers W/Manual brakes and steering, column shift, 69 Swinger. My first choice was the Dougs.

they are a tight fit and you can just weld flanges on there no big deal at all
The swinger will be 75% strip and 25% street, but i will have to run some sort of header muffler to keep the neighbors from getting pissed when im tuning and such. Plus it would be nice to be able to run a street class if and when the time comes.

I have been informed by Hooker that the super comp race header #5303 has been discontinued. Hooker only shows a 1 5/8 #5116 header for the 69 darts, but shows a #5204 1 3/4 for the 70 darts. whats up with that, and why wouldnt that header fit the 69? Am i just waisting my time with this hooker search?

the 5204 will fit a 69 dart....and i know that from experience

thanks Tony,
is that a decent header? the machine shop building my stroker says to run a 1 3/4 header and theres not much out there for that size. the 69 and 70 have to be the same thing, so i dont understand the difference. Hooker tech couldnt even tell me
the 5204 will fit a 69 dart....and i know that from experience

I think i got 3 set of the 5204,,,,,yes they are a nice header...they do hang down below the tie rods....as i only use them on the bracket cars...

i have pictures but i am at work and they are on my laptop at home...

tti is suppose to be making a 1 7/8 header for small block in A bodies...

Ya i see they go around the tie rods, What do you know about TTI 1 3/4 headers? i wont need anything until spring.
I think i got 3 set of the 5204,,,,,yes they are a nice header...they do hang down below the tie rods....as i only use them on the bracket cars...

i have pictures but i am at work and they are on my laptop at home...

tti is suppose to be making a 1 7/8 header for small block in A bodies...

Run the super comps or the tti step headers if you want ground clearance.

Both perform roughly the same on an engine in the 450-500hp range.

I would not put a 1 7/8 header on that unless you plan on getting in the 550+ range

Well i guess thats the question. Best Machine is building me a 408, forged crank, H beams, 11 to 1 pistons, Comp solid cam, indy prepped Edelbrock heads, super victor intake, and they suggested the big Hooker headers which are no longer available. The only choice seems to be the TTI steps, hooker 1 3/4 or dougs 1 5/8
Run the super comps or the tti step headers if you want ground clearance.

Both perform roughly the same on an engine in the 450-500hp range.

I would not put a 1 7/8 header on that unless you plan on getting in the 550+ range

It might make more than 500 so the 1 3/4 might be the better choice.

-
Back