Hookers or TTIs

-

AdamR

Big Member
Reaction score
Hookers or TTIs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im going to need some bigger headers for the new motor. Im looking at either the Hooker Super Comps or the TTI's. The TTI's are $100 more ut Im sure the fit is better. However the Hookers are 1-3/4" all the way threw and equal length.

Im not looking to wring out every last pony but I'd like to get the correct header for my car. Any advice ?

I just got a set of TTI's for my Duster and they fit perfectly. I have seen the super comps on a bodys and they hang real-low because of the equal length.

I don't recall who it was, but a magazine dyno tested TTI headers and they made more power than some other headers! Don't let the "small" 1 5/8" exit tubes scare you. 1 5/8" tubes are suppose to help exhaust velocity and bottom end but retain the benefits of better higher rpm flow with the 1 3/4" step-up. Many race cars use stepped headers and I've seen some engine combos start as small as 1 1/2", or close to the same size as the actual port opening, then step up!

I can run mid-11's at over 3,530 lbs and have seen other, similar combos run high 10's weighing 2-400 lbs less in ideal weather conditions!

I'm also pretty sure that TTI's are thicker in the flange and tubing so they would be more durable, rust/crack resistant whether you get coatings for either or not. But I feel that the interior coatings are a good investment.

I have the Hookers. Let me tell you they protect my oil pan like no other.

If your gonna drive it on the street don't get the hookers!!!!

-
Back