hoosier street slicks?

-

69dodgedart360

Reaction score
looking into buying a pair from summit and was wondering if anyone has bought them, ran them AND driven them on the street. Also would it be a good idea to use these tires lets say to drive to the track from milpitas? roughly a 2hr drive. or should i just bolt them to some other rims and drive around on my street tires and then when im at the track do the swap???

Thanks

the BEST money can buy!!!!!.....i drive mine on the street,raced them on the street and the track and they are the BEST!!!!

i was caught in the rain 2-3 times with them and as long as you drive carefully,you'll be fine.

i would NOT drive them to the track just in case you get a flat.

I like the Mickey Thompson ET Drag Radials.They have a better design on the tread to dissipate water if you do get into rain while driving on the street,there R2 Compound is great for traciton and the side walls on the MT ET drag radials are a little stiffer and help for stability and improveed launching of your car. Personally I would not drive to and from the track with them on your car because they are a softer tire and are going to wear faster,also you take a chance of picking something up with one and causing some damage and at high speeds on the track you don't want to take any chances on a damaged tire causing a problem! having a flat at 100 mph or faster is no fun. I would mount them on a set of wheels and change them out at the track if I were you just to be safe.

I'll second the m/t drag radials my car hooks like crazy on them,i'd suggest a second set of rims though they can get very sticky when warmed up and tend to pick up everything on the road...Mcormack racing sells them for 170.00 the same price as Summit but shipping if FREE,Summit charges 11.95 handling and 5.00 extra per tire..if you run 275 60/15's order quickly theres not many in stock..I ran the Hoosier quick times once i found them to be terrible and ended up using them for a burnout contest..

-
Back