Horn Issues

-

gtgto

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Went to drive my car today and while moving it out the horn was beeping when I turned the wheel. Oh boy. Took off the Tuff wheel and checked the ground wire and it looked ok. Got the puller and took off the adapter and found the gasket/bushing piece broken in between the metal ring with ground wire and the bottom of the steering wheel adapter. I had no idea what it was for but got all the broken pieces out and put it all back together loosely , Connected the battery and now the horn stays on. Does anyone reproduce this part I need? I luckily had a gold steering wheel I will never use that had the same part and I used it. Didn't go for a ride but the horn seems to be working only when I want it to now.

NOS MOPAR 1967-73 HORN SWITCH ALL WITH FULL RING
Probably the horn ring, after 50 plus years they wear out. I've replaced a couple over the years when my horn or turn signals starting acting up. You can find them on ebay, different vendors have them. good luck

NOS MOPAR 1967-73 HORN SWITCH ALL WITH FULL RING | eBay
The ring I am talking about is at the bottom of the steering wheel or adapter. It is held in place with a thick metal clip. I ring I'm trying to describe has the wire that plugs into the horn ring you sent a link too.

Does it have a roller on top with a shaft the spring is on the shaft? Here is a diagram for a 1966 model, so it might not be exactly the same as what you have.

1966 Column.jpg

-
Back