Hot in SoCal

-

67gtx

Reaction score
I'm about 3 miles from the fires and that's all you can think about. I can see it from my house. Humidity 7% that's dry.

Hey John -
Really smoky here in Placentia. We've been watching both the Yorba Linda and Brea fires all day today. Had to close the house up about 1PM today and turn the air conditioning on due to the amount of smoke in the air earlier today. Will keep it closed up all night and see what we have tomorrow.
Just now watching the news and it looks like the whole Carbon Canyon area's in trouble.

I'm in the Palm Desert area and you can smell the smoke out here.

iT,S SNOWING HERE TODAY!I,LL TAKE SNOW OVER SMOKE AND FIRE ANYDAY,THAT,S GOTTA BE VERY SCARY.WONDERING WHETHER YOUR HOUSE AND BELONGINGS ARE GONNA BE THERE THE NEXT DAY.hOPE IT STAY,s away from you guys!!

Good luck out there! Sucks to watch entire neighborhoods burn up.

Be safe!

We were in the first group of evacuations yesterday and have been just playing the waiting game. When I left my house I thought for sure the neighborhood was gonna fry. My answering machine is still picking up so we know the house didnt burn down. Hopefully the winds shut down and we can get back in to the house soon. This is not fun.

I know san diego is a good amount away, but i'm surprised we cant smell the smoke at all down here.

This sounds bad :angry7: let me take a close look at it and see about a good rain for yall out west. Sorry to here this is making life miserable for yall.
if the humidity is that low get some water boiling and get the humidity up to at lest 60 percent in your homes especially if you have children.
I will take a look at this and be back.

They are hot, dry and fierce. They sweep in from desert highlands toward the Pacific Ocean, and peak from around November to January. Not good.
I need to find the world mapping and see if this wind can be shut down
any time soon,Sundowners are similar to the better-known Santa Ana winds that are blamed for devastating fires is what I am reading.

God bless the folks that are fighting this fire and may the winds slow down and mother nature rains upon the west NOW!!
I hope for the best and will continue doing so.

california_fires_05.jpg

Remember when the smoke & fire hit n.county?
You couldn't see the sun.

oh yeah i do. I JUST moved here like a month before the fires... it was crazy! someone told me "oh its fire season" ..my response was "In northern california we have rain, sun.. you guys have FIRE?!"

Make sure and get those mopars out of there. Theyre building new houses but not classic mopes. Hoping yaw,ll are spared.

The wether has been nice here near Temecula. But it is very dry here got most of the weeds cleared from around the houses. The horses have done a good job in the upper pasture. Just turned them over to the lower one so they can eat the fire hazerds over there. Been lucky have had no fires in my erea yet this year. Hope it stays like that. The wind has been blowing though.

Back in the house and everything in place. It looks like a war zone but not nearly as bad as I expected. The firefighters saved hundreds of homes in 60-70 mile winds. I will be more prepared if this ever happens again.

For some folks who haven't seen or heard to much about the SoCal fires,we live in Anaheim pretty close to Yorba Linda and Anaheim Hills. We were fortunate enough not to have to evacuate but were still pretty worried. On Saturday around 10:30 a.m. we were crossing our fingers for my oldest brother, and 3 sets of aunts and uncles who all got evacuated that live in Yorba Linda. Here are some pics to show how close it got...

http://share.shutterfly.com/share/received/welcome.sfly?fid=3e20b993537a3fe4&sid=1QaN2rluzYuyg

Luckily no family members homes were destroyed.

Oh my god that looks bad I sure hope and pray the wind take a brake
and lets the fire fighters get these fires under control Now!
Thanks for sharing those pictures 7DUSTER3, they sure do put
thing in perspective for me.

Yea, it was a scary sight to see. We have had firefighters from all over the place come down and help us out. The Santa Ana winds died down late Saturday night and changed the fires direction away from homes. These fires were some of the scariest I've seen. Mike i love your research on some of the topics here. Like the Santa Ana winds, you hit it dead on!

Back in the house and everything in place. It looks like a war zone but not nearly as bad as I expected. The firefighters saved hundreds of homes in 60-70 mile winds. I will be more prepared if this ever happens again.

Glad all turned out well for you and your family Frank. Hope you're not in the Hidden Hills area of Yorba Linda that didn't have any water pressure at the hydrants during the height of the fire. That had to be so frustrating for those fire crews trying to save houses and not having any water. Watched on TV as one house burned to the ground while the firemen couldn't get any water from the hydrant out on the street - and the house had a full swimming pool in the back yard but no way to pump it out to fight the fire. Suggest you get yourself a generator and portable water pump if you've got a pool.
Heard on the news today that they finally got the Brea/Corona fire surrounded today, but they're still battling a few hot spots under the ashes. We still get smoke smells every night about 8-9PM here in Placentia, gotta be an offshore breeze developing that's carrying the smell down from the hills.
Drove over to Savi Ranch area last Sunday and saw fire trucks and crews from as far away as central California. Those guys did a GREAT JOB with what they had to work with.

-
Back